nearest seaside?

nursejudy

We are going away this week to Oxfordshire,I have the "urge" to see the sea,where would be the nearest place we will be near Bicester

thanks Judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my auto route Judy, your best bet is

Bristol. A mere 134.6km away.You should manage it

in around 1 hour and 50 mins!

Better off watching the Holiday channel on Sky.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

South coast, Southampton etc., will take less than 90 mins from Oxford. Straight down the A34 Newbury bypass and a few miles on the motorway. Catch the traffic right and you could do the trip in around an hour.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Weston super mare about two hours drive, from Bicester. I have made the trip my self many times, it is not to bad, the best time is mid week. I do hope you have a good holiday.

a stranger is just a friend you do not know.

*Anthony*:

South coast, Southampton etc., will take less than 90 mins from Oxford. Straight down the A34 Newbury bypass and a few miles on the motorway. Catch the traffic right and you could do the trip in around an hour.

Not at the moment, all container ports closed due to the wind. Motorway into STN is just a great big lorry park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Check the A34 for roadworks first, there was a real stinker on there a couple of weeks back.

But why go to Oxfordshire if you have a hankering for some sea air?

But why go to Oxfordshire if you have a hankering for some sea air?

Because this fishing holiday has been booked a while,but I think it might be less hassle to wait while we get back home,its me thats driving,south coast seems along way off,never been Bristol/Weston Super Mare Way,

I had not realised how much in the middle oxfordshire is!!!!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest Ferret1959

Go to Weston Supermare, let me know when and I'll meet ya and take you to see me Mum and Dad at Burnham on Sea. :)