Wanna Catch a Grayling??

Chris Plumb

Not much chat on the forum about this weekends outing to Timsbury, am I the only one who is getting quite excited??

Bait is sorted, tackle will be sorted out on Thursday evening, it would be earlier in the week but I'm spending a few hours on the Thames after work on Tuesday. Centrepin has been given a bit of a clean, and loaded with mono line instead of braid as a bit of an experiment. It's a lot less visible, and as the river is clear and shallow, I reckon this may get me a few more bites on Saturday.

Breakfast will be taken at a Little Chef, eggs, sossages, beans etc, that should keep me going all day, and then dinner in the pub close to the venue......yup.....definitely looking forwards to this :)

Paul

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope I'm getting quite excited too, even if I'm not looking forward to the drive from Essex to Hampshire.

my 'pin will be cleaned, and have some new line put on (I don't think the 8lb mono currently on it from my last carping trip will be suitable ) I'm even going to go and buy a new float for the occasion.

A bottle of Archie Braddocks "hot magic" arrived in the post this morning, and maggots will be collected friday morning before work!

Not feeling 100% confident in the Braddocks flavour though, I was expecting it to almost burn my head off when I sniff the open the bottle, and it does't! Well I suppose I'll give it a go anyhow!

Mat

Paulg:

Breakfast will be taken at a Little Chef, eggs, sossages, beans etc, that should keep me going all day, and then dinner in the pub close to the venue......yup.....definitely looking forwards to this :)

Paul

Which Little Chief Paul? That sounds an ideal start to the day :D

Mat

Mat

Mat - it's the one on the A34 at Sutton Scotney (Southbound) - not strictly speaking 'on the way'. However we sneak out through the staff access to get onto the A30!!! Merv, Paul and I will be there at around 0700 on Saturday.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Mat Hillman:

Not feeling 100% confident in the Braddocks flavour though, I was expecting it to almost burn my head off when I sniff the open the bottle, and it does't! Well I suppose I'll give it a go anyhow!

I've added some ylang ylang (from Bodyshop!!) to half of my maggots - garam masala to the other half - so I'm looking forwards to some experimentation!!!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Chris Plumb:

Mat - it's the one on the A34 at Sutton Scotney (Southbound)

If I manage to get out of bed in time for a breakfast I'll try to meet you there too, Although I'm working till 10pm on Friday, so a 5am start on saturday might just not happen

Mat

Chris Plumb:

I've added some ylang ylang (from Bodyshop!!) to half of my maggots - garam masala to the other half - so I'm looking forwards to some experimentation!!!

C.

Yes, and I've added some Christian Dior to half mine, and some Brut 33 to the other half!

The ones with the Brut 33 are all starting to look like Henry Cooper :D