Wanna Catch a Grayling??

Chris Plumb

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoken to the fishery and if you're not coming on Saturday you may want to look away now (no more places I'm afraid).

Report that stacks of grayling are being caught - average size is up a bit on last year and there's been 'several' 2lbers caught this week. 2lb 9oz roach, biggest so far, plus another brace of 'smaller' 2's came out at the weekend. Some decent perch showing up and the biggest chub so far is 5lb 2oz. Oh - and a 1lb+ dace was caught on Monday. A 15lb pike came out the same day (no the dace wasn't used as a livey!!!). All in all tis fishing very well!!!!!!

There are no restrictions on methods of Pike Fishing - owners are more concerned that anglers are 'properly equipped' to land and unhook the fish.

Even I'm getting excited now!!!!!!!!

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Guest Ferret1959

seph:

Ferret

They are not to nylon, but I don't mind tying them for you

Seph

Bring some anyway.

I'll manage I reckon. :)

You seem to have half the AN regulars coming down Chris! how many bodies will there be?

sounds like it might be 'combat fishing'! :D

Local forcast for Romsey can be found here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southampton/weather/m...main_sum1.shtml

The lovely Ms Jenkins is currently predicting Saturday to be a glorious day with fish jumping, Kingfishers whistling and beer flowing!

No frosts here as of yet but Sat AM could be the first looking at the chart.

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Guest Ferret1959

Toggle:

sounds like it might be 'combat fishing'! :D

Tog

I'll bring the catty and a couple of kilos 18mm boilies then. pumpkin

Oh and the realtree cammo so you won't know where it's comming from. :D:D

I can't wait, and the possibility of a 2lb Grayling for my first after not getting one last time at Barton Court. I just hope the weather is kind to us

Chris

I am travelling from the Midlands as you know, and was wondering how long you think it will take me to get to the service station you are at. I am about 20 mins away from the junction of the A46 and M40. I was going to leave at about 5, don't want to leave any earlier really.

Seph

Paul