Wanna Catch a Grayling??

Chris Plumb

Originally posted by seph:

[qb] Chris

Email me a map of where the litthe chef is and will be there all depending on trafic.

Seph

Sutton Scotney Services is the one we'll be at!! See sensibly sized map a few posts down...

As I said - ordinarily you'd need to get off at the junction before Sutton Scotney Services to get onto the A30 (to Stockbridge and hence Timsbury). But the service access road allows you out onto the A30.

We'll be there at around 0700.....

Chris

[ 11. October 2004, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, sneaking off at the services eh!

When the services first opened it was allowed but I think there is some 'no exit/entry' signage now.

If Plods about you can get back on the A34 south for 4 miles to the first Winchester turn (south wonston), go over the A34 and up the A272 road to join the A30 road from the services (10mins drive) or 'wiggle' over to the B3049 road to Stockbridge (Sparshott).

All roads meet in Stockbridge where the Kings Somborne road (A3057) meets the 'old london road' in a mish mash of roundabouts.

If you come in on the A30 go left at the first R'bout, Left at the second and then right at the 'half' r'bout and up the hill past the church.

If you come in on the B3049 from Winchester and Sparshott just go left at the first 'half' r'bout up the hill.

PS, If you have never been to Stockbridge - you must go up the high street and park halfway up near the 'Orvis' shop on the left (FREE!!!) then look in the stream nearby - Oheeer don't go tickling e'm!!! (bring bread!)

PPS, do not leave 'other half' in Stockbridge with CC, It looks innocent enough but it's full of little expensive shops (& Orvis - if you'r lucky!!).

PPPS, Butcher's in high street (Robinsons) produce awesome sausages and other delights... (Hmmm now I might have to go up there to pick up supplies!!)

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

One last question before Saturday

What colour maggots for grayling? Does the colour matter?

I've only ever really used plain white unflavoured ones before, if I'm going to experiment I may as well go the whole way!

Mat

Mat

Mat,

Red ones......the best colour for Grayling by miles. I loosefeed with whites and a few reds, and only fish reds on the hook. I think Chris uses just reds, for loosefeed and hookbait.

Paul

Guest Ferret1959

I'm taking mixed, used mixed in the past and caught ok.

But I'll be flavouring with.................... :D

You will smell me coming.

I'll be bringing 'mixed' colours, I like one white, one red combo.

Also V good, small red 'brandling' worms.

& bread often works.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.