Disgusted with this police state

Tigger

The Mrs listed some nice Royal Dalton Cheese Knives on ebay.

ebay removed them, the mrs explained thay dont have a blade and are not even pointy.

They were re-instated, then a few days later removed again, gave up.

How bizarre. The cutlery section on eBay is, as you might imagine, full of knives, so why on earth could they have possibly objected to a set of cheese knives?!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigger, write and ask what has become of the knife, and say you want proof it has been destroyed and not misappropriated by some employee of border control. Say the failure to provide such proof you will regard as evidence of theft.

Dunno how sound that is legally, but it might just jolt someone. Better than just sitting back and taking it.

Dave I'm gonna get my Mr's to phone them up tomorrow and see if she can get some reason why they've kept it (other than one of them likes the look of it). I want it back and I don't see why they should be leagally allowed to steal my property.... :angry:

Ive just had a quick nosey on the net and you can buy the same knives on many many sites including Tackle bargains. You buy them online and they come through the post !!!

Edited by Tigger

I'm guessing here, but it's possible that the antisocial behaviour law that saw the banning of non face to face sales of airguns, also included knives. The reason being it's illegal to sell to under age persons and you can't tell someones age over the internet / phone. Before you call them might be worth doing a google search on knife sales law or some such.

Rob.

I'm guessing here, but it's possible that the antisocial behaviour law that saw the banning of non face to face sales of airguns, also included knives. The reason being it's illegal to sell to under age persons and you can't tell someones age over the internet / phone. Before you call them might be worth doing a google search on knife sales law or some such.

Rob.

My mate's website - KnifeBargains - seems to trade okay :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Doing a quick search, the only thing I can find is that pertaining to selling to underage persons. No mention of preventing internet or non face-to-face sales that I can see - quote from the violent crimes reduction bill;

38 Sale etc. of knives and other weapons

(1) The Criminal Justice Act 1988 (c. 33) is

(2) In section 141A(1) (prohibition on sale

for “sixteen” substitute “eighteen”.

I.e. that just increases the minimum age from 16 to 18.

Rob.

perhaps its a good thing if kids learned how to make their own knives its good no?

a lecturer at college used to make some very nice ones he kept some swiftly disappearing skills going

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson