Disgusted with this police state

Tigger

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been late night shopping tonight and thought of this when I was in the hardware section at Sainsburys, looking at a whole row of kitchen knives, most of which were bigger than Tigger's knife and a damn sight cheaper. Strange old world we live in.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 1 month later...

Well, I've just had a letter back from the UK Border agency after sending them a letter asking for my knife back and explaing in it that the knife is NOT a flick/gravity knife and also enclosing a photo copy of a shop selling the knife online in the uk (one of many)as a example to show there not illegal here in the uk. They replied saying that the knife is illegal and any shops selling it in the uk are doing so illegally ! There not giving it back to me! If I want to continue I've got to get a solicitor and go to court in London ! To say the least I'm very :angry:

Well, I've just had a letter back from the UK Border agency after sending them a letter asking for my knife back and explaing in it that the knife is NOT a flick/gravity knife and also enclosing a photo copy of a shop selling the knife online in the uk (one of many)as a example to show there not illegal here in the uk. They replied saying that the knife is illegal and any shops selling it in the uk are doing so illegally ! There not giving it back to me! If I want to continue I've got to get a solicitor and go to court in London ! To say the least I'm very :angry:

I wonder if they're having problems with the "friction grooved, tapered blade extension (or flipper) which aids opening the Cruiser, and then neatly completes the finger choil"? (From the description on Tacklebargains)

I can't see anything else they could possibly object to, provided you're not planning to take it down the pub with you.

Last week I caught a hoodie who had jumped the barrier on an un-manned/womanned checkout at the local Lidl and was making a run for it. When the store staff caught up, they just took the bottle of booze back off him and asked me to let him go. I suppose they realised it was not worth waiting 3 hrs for plod to turn up.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Go to citizens advice, or one of those 'free advice on first visit solicitors'. You might find you can move the case to somewhere of your chosing and present your own case.

Rob.

There is a lot of very good legal advice and opinion at www.britishblades.com

To be honest you stand a tiny chance of a positive outcome, it's probably not worth the stress and hassle of challenging the findings.

To be honest you stand a tiny chance of a positive outcome, it's probably not worth the stress and hassle of challenging the findings.

Jeepster, I think your right, I'm just getting wound up everytime I think about it. Maybe it's healthier to just try and forget it.

I was talking to a trainee Barrister the other day and he said the uk border force was only started about two years ago and meant to control immigrants coming into the uk. He went on to say they where just a rush job for this purpose and have now got ideas above their station and are interfeering in other buisness they really shouldn't be involved in.

It seems totally out of order that they can just steal perfectly legal property for no reason appart from trying to justify them keeping their jobs !

Thank's to everyone who's tryed to advise.

Tigger,

Get yourself one of these - no worries!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE