are superglues really super?

The Flying Tench

Try sticking a couple of disposable fag lighters together with it chesters. Once it's gone off for a day, try to separate them. Have a go at the cotton wool too, but it WILL get bloody hot.

it works perfectly if you dont want it too :D try getting the lid off the tube when you forget to wipe it ;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superglue has its uses for fishing tackle, a quick fix on a cracked ring liner will have you fishing again without cutting your line! Securing knots with the more water resistant types and a load of other uses on plastics as others have said. Two-part epoxies are my glues of choice for sticking things together and, yes I use them for rod ferrules and tip rings. A bit of gentle heat and they eventually come loose enough to remove the broken ring!

Wood glues? Only two, Cascamite and Resorcinol (oh alright, pearl glue on those odd occasions that you feel a bit like stinking the kitchen out :D )

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I use two part epoxies for attaching tip rings, reel seats and cork handles, and they all come off with a bit of heat and persuasion.

Used to use hot melt glue for tip rings but have had them come off on a hot day.

Don't use wood glues, that's what nails are for :rolleyes:

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Don't use wood glues, that's what nails are for :rolleyes:

I won't be asking you to make me a laminated longbow or do a repair to a cane rod then :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I won't be asking you to make me a laminated longbow or do a repair to a cane rod then :P

Now that's just silly, I use screws on cane rods.

I am told that they are "unique" :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Now that's just silly, I use screws on cane rods.

I am told that they are "unique" :)

With an interesting action no doubt :D

I've never got superglue to glue anything successfully since it first came out (was that in the 1970's?). I usually use araldite rapid with great success.

Edited by Lid