Blame Wordbender for what I am about to inflict.

Rustam Bana

Rustam, many items of tackle, especially some of the big names, come from the same Middle East factories. I have had Shakespeare and Shimano rods whose sections have been interchangeable, as I have had an ABU and a Shakespeare that were also interchangeable, and obviously off the same mandrils. Very many top 'brand' reels are made by Okuma for example. A trip to Singapore might be worthwhile, even via the web!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rustam welcome to AN.Ive fished for Masheer twice over the years.The tackle I have used is the same as I use for big Wells Catfish.The largest Masheer I have caught is only 62lbs but the tackle regularly lands 100lb+ Wells up to my best at 187lb.Ive used this gear for both bait fishing and lure fishing.

Not cheap but has lasted me a long time.

All the details of the rod and reel are given in these articles/reports.Hope this is of some help to you.

Another member on here,Paul Boote,is far more experienced in Masheer fishing than me and when he gets back Im sure he will be able to let you know his views as well.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/m...UAN/339/V/3/SP/

[ 01. July 2005, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Welcome Rustam,you will get some good advice from these lads. Best of luck with your fishing mate.

I am Snatcher by the way,a spy from the sea angling section

Off to the fridge for a Miller then :):)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Snatcher

I am off the booze at the moment afflicted by the old Gout again, nothing but sour cherry juice for me for the next few weeks.

Rutnam, are there any Indian cures for Gout?

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Waller:

A trip to Singapore might be worthwhile, even via the web! [/QB]

Very interesting. Will definitely have a look at some of the Singapore tackle shops.

Thanks for the tip.

Rustam

Budgie,

Many thanks for the link to your article.

Please tell me what 'TC' and 'through-action' mean? I am refering to, "...a 2lb TC through-action rods..."

Also, what is meant by BS, when refering to a 12lb BS line?

One last question and I sincerely hope this is not misunderstood. Would fishing with a 4lb TC through-action rod, 25lb Spiderwire braid and a Cox & Rawle Meat Hook, detract from the sport since it makes the process so much easier? I do realise there is more than just a smidgen of skill involved even with the best of equipment but was just wondering...

Thanks once again.

Rustam