I know we needed some rain but....

Tigger

Nah we need another couple of weeks of this level of rain it will give the Ribble a much needed serious pulling through to clear the bottom properly annd it will clear the banks of those who are frightened of a spate which makes for better fishing for those of us that arn't.......Who selfish????Moi???? :D :D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to form there's plenty more to come yet :rolleyes:

At least if you where working outside Brian you can rest your back up now knowing you couldn't do ewt anyway.

No rest for the back and if the river still needs more water I will tip my work boots out, that should do it. :D

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Nah we need another couple of weeks of this level of rain it will give the Ribble a much needed serious pulling through to clear the bottom properly annd it will clear the banks of those who are frightened of a spate which makes for better fishing for those of us that arn't.......Who selfish????Moi???? :D :D

No good for trotting though Alan. That's what I liked about the dry spell it made it easy to see the good spots and you could wade out to them in thigh waders comfortably. I tried to make the most of it as I knew it wouldn't last long. Besides that my local stream was just a perfect flow and I've had some brilliant sessions. It's high as a kite and looks like hot chocolate now so not quite so inviting, still I do know a couple of super spots for high water :D .

Yes not much down here at all. I'm planning a day out this weekend (first time in a month) so a little rain to freshen things up wouldn't go amiss.

Fancy meeting up for an early morning chub assault?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Fancy meeting up for an early morning chub assault?

Yes that would be good, which day? I'll bring my other Harrison so you can have a good session with it to make sure it's what you want before parting with cash. I'll need an exchange ticket?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Is it raining in the UK?

Damn! It's baking over here in Majorca! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I was a little disappointed when i fished the ribble last Sunday. There was a nice flow again, but I'd hoped the rain we'd had would have got shut of more of the green stuff than it had. Don't think it will be a problem after todays rain and yes Ian Ive had enough now too.

Yes I had a quick look when the level was back up a bit and couldnt leave the rod in for more than 2 minutes without it being totally bent double with the weed. Lost two feeders with it draggin me into cracks in the rocks and gave up lol. It was pretty much unfishable for that method and didnt fancy standing in the rain to have a go at the pin when the wind was as it was.

Hoping to make a trip down there one night this week and then on saturday if it has started to flush out. Fingers crossed!

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I'd much prefer a steady trickle than the downpours we've been having. Floods at this time of year, usually means a lot of this years fry swept away, and an influx of escapees from the local puddles. :(

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yes I had a quick look when the level was back up a bit and couldnt leave the rod in for more than 2 minutes without it being totally bent double with the weed. Lost two feeders with it draggin me into cracks in the rocks and gave up lol. It was pretty much unfishable for that method and didnt fancy standing in the rain to have a go at the pin when the wind was as it was.

Hoping to make a trip down there one night this week and then on saturday if it has started to flush out. Fingers crossed!

I've used heavy backleads to combat the weed catching on the line and it's usually worked well. Only problem then is weed clogging on the line when you do get a hook up which makes it hard to feel the lunges if the fish so spoils it really.