Health & Safety Police

Elton

Sincere Greetings Mr Sportsman, :)

Knew I did that someone working for the HSE/public sectorwould fall for it, once again I've been proved correct. ;) You in the quangoes like to bumn their chuck el-biggo in an attempt to protect the over staffing, the inflated salaries, the short working[?] week, the early retirements, the over inflated pensions & all the rest.

Mate, its people who sound & whitter on like you that has saddled this country with an enormous deficit, non-producitve sanctimonious t***s, & that's swearing to it. <_<

Maybe you're not sophisticated enough to read The Times & The Telegraph [One assumes that you DO read?] but if only half the stories published in those two over the last 12 months are true it would appear that what we have in the HSE are a bunch of complete and utter morons, savvy? <_<?

Regards mucho, :)

Mr H. :)

Hello Mr H

Read my post you did, understand it or give it any thought, once again you evidently did not.

Firstly, I do not work for the HSE / public sector / quango that you speak of.

In addition I am not informed / educated by newspapers, even such august versions as the Telegraph or the Times. I form my own opinions and am not reliant on others to do it for me.

Therfore I shall continue with my sanctimonious (and accurate) whittering and leave the ill informed whinging and whining to those such as your good self.

Regards

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents - interesting and informative topic but let's keep it civil please.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Blimey Newt why stop the fun its been quiet on here and its nice to see others get picked on for a change :D

I'l be back getting flack shortly i expect and i never moan i take it on the chin as just good fun

still waiting to see what this means ,i dont get out much :D

"bumn their chuck el-biggo"

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I thought that was remarkably civil :D

Chesters1 your not the only one who didn't understand it. Maybe it's a quote from the Telegraph or the Times

Edited by Sportsman

if it isnt page 3 i'm not interested :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

{admin note: A bit over the top with the personal insults. Content removed. Newt}

Greetings, :)

Hell's teeth Newt, please don't go cuttin' me awf, I was just gettin' into mee stride demolishing the self-opinionated so & so. <_< I don't care what anyone says, such as the HSE & the EA want a damn good looking at, jobs for the boys a bit, a big bit, methinks? <_< I bet no one has half and idea what the HSE costs the mugs, you know, Mr & Mrs Middle England?

Never mind, I'll get over it. :)

Regards,

Mr H :)

Hell's teeth Newt, please don't go cuttin' me awf, I was just gettin' into mee stride demolishing the self-opinionated so & so. <_< I don't care what anyone says, such as the HSE & the EA want a damn good looking at, jobs for the boys a bit, a big bit, methinks? <_< I bet no one has half and idea what the HSE costs the mugs, you know, Mr & Mrs Middle England?

Regards,

Ignorance is bliss.

You must be a happy man ;)

Ignorance is bliss.

You must be a happy man ;)

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hell's teeth Newt, please don't go cuttin' me awf, I was just gettin' into mee stride demolishing the self-opinionated so & so. <_< I don't care what anyone says, such as the HSE & the EA want a damn good looking at, jobs for the boys a bit, a big bit, methinks? <_<I bet no one has half and idea what the HSE costs the mugs, you know, Mr & Mrs Middle England?

Regards,

Health and Safety Executive

Funding: £210m in 2008/09 from the Department for Work and Pensions.

Staff: 3,582

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in its current form has only existed since April 2008, when it was formed from a merger with the Health and Safety Commission, which had overall responsibility for occupational health and safety regulations in Britain. The HSE is now the single regulatory body for health and safety at work, inspecting sites, enforcing the CDM regulations and producing steadily improving figures on the number of site injuries and deaths.

Thumbs up

"We have a good relationship with the HSE," says Stephen Ratcliffe, chief executive of the UK Contractors Group. "It’s working very well to steer the industry. In terms of resources, it is quite stretched and its biggest problem is getting consistency across the country. Everyone focuses on deaths, which are much better this year, but overall, incident figures are coming down on a pretty regular basis. I think they should be kept in their current form, if not given a little bit more resources."

Thumbs down

The HSE can never have an inspector on every site, so it’s almost impossible for it to play a policing role. Meanwhile, Construction (Design and Management)] Regulations, which have given clients and designers responsibility for safety since April 2007, are not deemed a success. "For a long period, the question has been what the impact of CDM has been compared to its cost," says Rob Smith, senior partner at Davis Langdon.

"Building sites are still too dangerous compared with the rest of Europe. The focus should be on the work on site rather than design," says Jack Pringle.

Chances of survival intact It would be a brave politician who tried to dismantle the HSE, not only for the vital role it plays in improving safety standards, but because of its legislative responsibility for enforcing UK and EU law. But the Tories are not fans of excessive "nanny state-ism", so we can expect to see a refocusing on individual responsibility for health and safety and perhaps a slimmed down role for the HSE.

What does the HSE say?

In a letter to the Daily Mail in July, chief executive Geoffrey Podger said: "HSE is always looking to improve its effectiveness and reduce costs. For example, we recently moved our HQ from London to Liverpool as part of a programme that will save the taxpayer around £57m over the next 10 years."

You forgot the flow chart :rolleyes:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/internalops/og/o...on/inspflow.pdf

hmmmm saving 5.7 mil a year ,they could save that getting rid of half the chart :D

Edited by chesters1