"Anglers face prosecution" - BBC

Vagabond

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trent barbler quote "Tory MP comes around on foot being presented with braces of pheasant and wedges of stilton cheese. And the chap actually does great things for his constituents AND tells the truth"

hahahahahahahahh..lololol

tory telling the truth that's a goood one

trent barbler quote

"i used to be staunchly labour for nearly all my working life, but not now. I don't, can't, won't, support anything that seeks to take away personal freedoms and liberty."

but you be happy to vote for a party that took the jobs and liveilyhood of million's of people in the 80'

and finally

"You see, most 4x4s take up no more road space than any other vehicle."

true but the footprint of the trye is a lot bigger

and therefore cause's more damage to the roads

ps fenboy

"A majority don't like it, so the minority that do lose their freedom to do what they want to do."

that's called democracy majority rules, be thankfull of it and for it alot of people die trying to get it....

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

smudger:

true but the footprint of the trye is a lot bigger and therefore cause's more damage to the roads

Larger footprint causing more damage??? How?

Assume you have a smaller car at oh, say 4000 lbs GVW and a 4x4 at 8000 lbs.

Assume the tire footprint of the larger 4x4 tires puts 3 times the tire area on the road at a time (although it is probably more like 6-8 times).

The load per square inch on the pavment will be somewhat less with the heavier 4x4 than with the smaller auto and for road surfaces, that is the key.

So the statement that the 4x4 causes more damage to roads due to larger tires is ... well lets just say it is not an accurate statement.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Newt:

true but the footprint of the trye is a lot bigger and therefore cause's more damage to the roads

Larger footprint causing more damage??? How?

Assume you have a smaller car at oh, say 4000 lbs GVW and a 4x4 at 8000 lbs.

Assume the tire footprint of the larger 4x4 tires puts 3 times the tire area on the road at a time (although it is probably more like 6-8 times).

The load per square inch on the pavment will be somewhat less with the heavier 4x4 than with the smaller auto and for road surfaces, that is the key.

So the statement that the 4x4 causes more damage to roads due to larger tires is ... well lets just say it is not an accurate statement.

so a lorry with a even bigger tyre footprint

will not cause damage to the road contrary

to the evidence of our road system :confused:

Just out of interest, when I owned a beasty Jeep 4WD it used to move the paving blocks on my driveway to the extent that I had to realign them every few weeks. Since getting rid of it (to damn thirsty) my new vehicle, (non 4wd) does not move the paving blocks at all, despite being parked and driven in the same way.

I suspect the same thing was happening on the road.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

smudger:

so a lorry with a even bigger tyre footprint

will not cause damage to the road contrary

to the evidence of our road system :confused:

Read what I wrote one more time.

You said the 4x4 road damage was due to the larger tires. I disagreed and gave reasons.

As to this latest bit, I will say that a lorry with big tire surface on the road will not cause as much road damage as the same lorry with smaller tire surface on the road would cause, their loads and speeds being equal.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Dear Smudge,

You said;

"trent barbler quote "Tory MP comes around on foot being presented with braces of pheasant and wedges of stilton cheese. And the chap actually does great things for his constituents AND tells the truth"

hahahahahahahahh..lololol

tory telling the truth that's a goood one"

Take a look at Quintin Davies's profile and see for yourself all the work he does for his constituents? He works tirelessly for our local hospital fighting for the return of a full paediatric service. Works tirelessly "WITH" local trades unions and employers when jobs are threatened or factories shut down in our area. Workes very closely with angling organisations on all sorts of environmental issues and polution cases throwing in his support against big companies like BWB. This man is a tower for his local community AND, to my knowledge has "never" told a lie to those who vote for him. So if you are laughingly confident that our local Tory MP tells lies, give me an example where he's lied before???

Then you said;

"trent barbler quote

"i used to be staunchly labour for nearly all my working life, but not now. I don't, can't, won't, support anything that seeks to take away personal freedoms and liberty."

but you be happy to vote for a party that took the jobs and liveilyhood of million's of people in the 80'"

If we go back back further to the first time when Thatcher came into power, you might be surprised to learn that no one suffered more at the hands of her policies than the builders did. Every one talks about the miners when in reality, more builders lost their living extremely quicker as a result of her policies. I suffered dreadfully under the Tories back then so am no stranger to what the Tories did for me!!! I suport no single political party. But I dislike this mob more than I ever did when the Iron Lady ruled!!

I only vote in local elections now as I get to meet my local MP and have a direct link to him to air my views. If you read my words carefully Smudge, I didn't say I voted for the Tory party. Just my local MP. And he only gets my vote for what he actually does. Not for what he might say at election time.

"and finally

"You see, most 4x4s take up no more road space than any other vehicle."

true but the footprint of the trye is a lot bigger

and therefore cause's more damage to the roads."

Over my head kiddo. Apart from all terrain and mud tread tyres actually take up less direct road surface than do normal car tyres as less of the tyres surface rubber actually touches the road surface.

Now if you had mentioned the 4x4's gross weight you might have had something. Mine weighs just over two ton but pulls through a ploughed field like Santa on his sleigh. But then again, I don't go on the roads much preferring instead to travel across land from field to field. Hey hang on a minute, I'm paying all that road tax when I drive mostly off road through fields and green lanes.

Any chance of getting a road tax rebate of old Tony I wonder???

Thought not. 4X4 er's stumping up for normal road users yet again.

Regards,

Lee.

trent barbler quAny chance of getting a road tax rebate of old Tony I wonder???

Thought not. 4X4 er's stumping up for normal road users yet again.

Regards,

Lee.

if your daft enough to pay road tax and soley drive off road that your problem what sort of bloke are you?..oh yeah remember the two off roadie's on the "fast show".oh if you vote for your local mp you ARE voting for HIS party

you vote him you vote them in thats how it work's

first past the post it's called...vince

I'm old enough to remember what it was like before Maggie!

The country effectively run by unions rather than the elected government! The country almost bankrupt and having to be bailed out by the IMF like a banana republic!

Britain badly needed to correct the damage done by the previous Labour administration. Maggie did just that.

However I agree that, as often happens, the pendulum swung back too far. Maggie finally lost my support when she announced "We are a grandmother"!

I am just old enough to remember the pre Maggie days also, the major difference between her`s and the current labour governments skirmishes with the unions is that Maggie managed to dent thier power but in the process was responsible for country wide riots and instability leading to quite a number of deaths on picket lines, the current government has managed to peg them back considerably through negotiation without (generally) the riotsetc that led to loss of life.

A non voting hypocrite!!