The South??

Newt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL,

North or South of what!!!!

The whole of the UK is the size of our 4th smallest state (New Jersey). There are varmit guns that shoot farther than that. No wonder you use a round football. The pointy one, you know the one used by the big boys would go much too far to be useful. :D:D:D:D

You guys slay me:) :):)

Phone

Newt, That aught ta bring em together thick as thieves!! Hehe

If the North is so fantastic, how come so many of you Northerners live darn sarf?

Oh yeah, and let's compare rivers, Thames, Kennet, Stour, Avon versus Mersey, Don, Tees, Wear. No comment!

Mind you property is cheap up there. I was thinking of selling my place and buying Liverpool!

:D Just joking, lads.

A Southern Jesse :P

Let me show you folks some US "seriously Southern".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You'll Know Yours Is A Seriously Southern Church If:

The finance committee refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.

People ask, when they learn that Jesus fed the 5000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.

When the pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering," five guys and two women stand up.

Opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday.

A member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

The choir is known as the "OK Chorale."

Boone's Farm "Tickle Pink" is the favorite wine for communion.

In a congregation of 500 members, there are only seven last names in the church directory.

Baptism is referred to as "branding."

There is a special fund raiser for a new church septic tank.

Finding and returning lost sheep isn't just a parable.

High notes on the organ set the dogs on the floor to howling.

People think "rapture" is what you get when you lift something too heavy.

The baptismal font is a #2 galvanized washtub.

The choir robes were donated by (and embroidered with the logo from) Billy Bob's Barbecue.

The collection plates are really hub caps from a '56 Chevy.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

phonebush:

LOL,

North or South of what!!!!

The whole of the UK is the size of our 4th smallest state (New Jersey).  There are varmit guns that shoot farther than that. No wonder you use a round football.  The pointy one, you know the one used by the big boys would go much too far to be useful.  :D    :D    :D    :D  

You guys slay me:)  :)    :)  

Phone

Newt, That aught ta bring em together thick as thieves!! Hehe

Hi Phone, just a small matter of 'pointy balls'. Our UK Rugby players have had pointy, leather balls for generations! Agreed, those with round balls tend to be less, errrrrr, dare I say it, macho!

Atleast our gents with pointy balls don't stop for a breather, and a commercial break, every thirty seconds or so!

As for thieves! Cheeky bugger, your lot stole America from us back in 1812!

Well then Phone go and get your padding on i think you may need it.

Tough guy yanky footballers, full of padding and crash hats,our southern ruger player don"t wear that gear,

:D:D

Jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Peter Waller:

As for thieves! Cheeky bugger, your lot stole America from us back in 1812!

The 1812 one was more a commercial venture. British warships had been impressing American sailors from merchant vessels. Import duties into Britain were horrible. France was upset with Britain again and offering us some goodies to help them out. And some folks down here wanted to invade and capture Canada and add it to the US.

Some were against it.

quote:

Look for yourselves, good people all - The administration tell me that the object for which they are going to war with Great Britain, is to secure our commercial rights; to put the trade of the country on a good footing; to enable our merchants to deal with Great Britain on full as favorable terms as they deal with France, or else not deal at all. Such is the declared object for which all further intercourse is to be suspended with Great Britain and her allies, while we proceed to make war upon her and them until we compel her to pay more respect to American commerce: and, as Mr. Stow truly observed in his late excellent speech, the anxiety of members of Congress to effect this object is always the greater in proportion to the distance any honorable member lives from the seaboard. To enable you, good people, to judge for yourselves, I have only to beg of you to turn your eyes to Mr. Gallatin's letter in a succeeding column, stating the amount of the exports of the United States for the last year; the particular country to which these exports were sent, and specifying the amount received from us by each. If you will just cast a glance at this document, you will find of the articles of our own growth or manufactures we in that time carried or sent abroad (in round numbers) no less than $45,294,000 worth. You will next find that out of this sum, all the rest of the world (Great Britain and her allies excepted) took about $7,719,366, and that Great Britain and her allies took the remainder, amounting to $38,575,627. Now, after this, let me ask you what you think of making war upon Great Britain and her allies, for the purpose of benefiting commerce?

Others were for it.

quote:

But if the reports which we now hear are true, that with England all hope of honorable accommodation is at an end, and that with France our negotiations are in a forwardness encouraging expectations of a favorable result, where is the motive for longer delay? The final step ought to be taken, and that step is WAR. By what course of measures we have reached the present crisis, is not now a question for patriots and freemen to discuss. It exists: and it is by open and manly war only that we can get through it with honor and advantage to the country. Our wrongs have been great; our cause is just; and if we are decided and firm, success is inevitable.

Let war therefore be forthwith proclaimed against England. With her there can be no motive for delay. Any further discussion, any new attempt at negotiation, would be as fruitless as it would be hishonorable. With France we shall be at liberty to pursue the course which circumstances may require. The advance she has already made by a repeal of her decrees; the manner of its reception by the government, and the prospect which exists of an amicable accommodation, entitle her to this preference. If she acquits herself to the just claims of the United States, we shall have good cause to applaud our conduct in it, and if she fails we shall always be in time to place her on the ground of her adversary.

The "for" group carried the day.

[ 14 March 2002, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Great film, the Patriot. Rather a biased story line though, don't you think ? Pity the guys in black hats won, should have been the fellows in red coats.

But on a serious note, if the film is historically accurate, something Hollywood is not renowned for, (U571), then, me thinks, the UK owes the US a bit of an apology.

Newt, seems we've had America stolen off us twice. Perhaps we didn't really want it after all.

[ 14 March 2002, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]