I'm not shopping BassPro this weekend

Newt

Went yesterday to pick up a few odds and ends. Took a couple of pictures. This weekend is their annual 'Spring Classic' sale and the place will be so packed it will be hard to more around. Think I'll avoid it even with all the sales and all the events.

The main entrance aisle - hard to see but the blur at the far end is a fish tank large enough for an angler to stand on a platform above the tank at one end and cast a lure to the other end then show anyone watching how the lure behaves and how the fish in the tank react. The tank contains every major species found in North Carolina and some (carp, catfish, stripped bass) run to well over 20lbs).

Posted Image

Some boats shown inside (above picture) but most are outside where the crowds will be a little less dense. The entire section at the far end of the picture is solid with boats.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And they even have a section for you hard core camo fans.

Posted Image

[ 01. March 2005, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your just gonna love our little shops ove here when you come Newt...

A couple of years back I had a Canadian vist me who informed me our shops where not shops, but holes in the wall... :D

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Ant - the man who started BassPro shops was smart and obviously married to someone who didn't like to fish.

Every BassPro store occupies one end of a large shopping mall and the 'gift section' of the BassPro (all sorts of eye catching but not tackle) is the last part before you exit into the main part of the mall.

If the wife is a normal woman, you will have 6 or 7 hours before she even notices you aren't with her.

Posted Image

Andrew - the 3X I wear will be plenty large (maybe too large) on you but they have up to 5X.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Imagine a tackle shop in the uk with a fishtank big enough for Frank Warick or Paul Kerry to cast to the other end to see how their rig behaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only boat in a uk tackle shop is a bait boat with a stupid price tag newt.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

To be honest RUDD, BassPro is a large tackle shop by any standards. OTOH, the thing has to be a money machine because every weekend sees it jammed with customers and even during the week it is steady. I think they are up to 23 stores now with 15 more currently under construction and they are all huge.

They even have a nice gun shop that includes regular & black powder long guns & pistols, ammo, scopes, quite a bit of night vision gear, etc.

Posted Image

I think all of them have a fly shop with staff who tie up flies in the shop for demo, a camping section, an archery section, and a few other goodies.

[ 01. March 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]