0800 9234349

Elton

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to this it`s the way to deal with telesales/cold calling ,Sure most of you have seen/heard it but it makes me laugh

Steve it makes me laugh every time I hear it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I particularly hate the IT support scammers and the Sky box warranty sellers. I now tell them we have no Sky and no computers in the hope of getting off their lists. I think we had the one Elton mentioned, calling about the phone service. If they call again, I might tell them we don't have a phone ;)

I get a few, but like Elton I use my offspring...my son can speak like a rap member of a yardie gang none stay more than a minute and seldom ring back...I used to have an answer machine message that pretended to be part of the security services and demanded to know how you accessed the phone line and informed you that the call was being traced that worked well until I changed the machine...

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I particularly hate the IT support scammers and the Sky box warranty sellers. I now tell them we have no Sky and no computers in the hope of getting off their lists. I think we had the one Elton mentioned, calling about the phone service. If they call again, I might tell them we don't have a phone ;)

BT actually phoned me a while back on this same number, which is my upstairs 'computer' one (dating back from the days when I had to get my own line, as being on a dial-up all day long peed the misses off). The conversation went along the lines of:

"Our records show that you rent your line from us, but make your calls via a different company."

"No, I don't."

"But it's showing here that you haven't made a call this quarter."

"And that's correct. Bye."

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just scanning the previous posts and of course saw this one! Well I can tell you that the TPS does NOT work!!! Well certainly not as it should! My mother is BOMBARDED with calls at around 1700 to 190 every night!! And the majority are from withheld numbers! (Only wish I COULD get a number.) I have now told her to TRY and not speak for the couple of seconds after she does answer as this can usually fox the caller IF they are using a computer! No speaky NO reply! And I have now switched on the answering machine which will answer after 12 rungs so this should also filter out more rubbish we hope! But been registered with the TPS now for around 8 years?? And Mum IS Ex. directory and always has been! So how do they get the number??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I don't get them now, because I have joined one of those schemes and it works well, but on occasions when I did get them, I used to have a bit of fun. I would let the caller get into his/her spiel and then say, "Sorry, who did you say you were?" These people learn their pitch by rote, so they go back, give you their name and then start all over again. Once they were into the swing of things, I would say, "Sorry, who did you say your are with?" and they start all over again. They actually get sick of you before you get sick of them if you play it properly.

If you get a local one from double glazers or the like that tells you that they have agents in your area and would like to see you, tell them that you could see one of their reps in 10 minutes time.

He/she will tell you that they can't be there in that time. Ask them why not if the reps in your area and then take it from there. You can really get the caller angry on this one, because he/she has already told you that their reps are in your area and suddenly they can't get one to call on you! I was really having fun with one of them and she got so angry she told me that she would hang up on me if I didn't stop being so stupid! :yahoo:

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Listen to this it`s the way to deal with telesales/cold calling ,Sure most of you have seen/heard it but it makes me laugh

Steve

heard this about 3 years ago. would love to be able to think that fast and tear cold callers to bits

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Another stunt I played some years ago - but which probably wouldn't work to day - was on a company that was sending me a number of adverts each day. It was all pretty pointless because they were in Canada and at that time international trading wasn't so easy. Anyway, I e-mailed them on a number of occasions and asked them to take me off their mailing list to no avail. So one day, during a Canadian night I sat down and started sending them a 4meg photo'. I don't know how many times I sent it, but it ran into the hundreds. It tied up my e-mail system for hours and I would think that it would have tied up theirs for the next day. Eventually I got an e-mail from them asking me to stop sending the picture to them, and so I replied and told them that if they stopped sending me adverts then I would not send any more pictures. I got a reply telling me that it wasn't them sending the adverts but another company with the same name. Funny thing is though, I never got one more advert from that company.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I've just found my Mr. T In Your Pocket keyring sound machine thingy. If the phone ever rings again, I'll be ready.... :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE