Getting knottwd

Nugg

Different lines of all "species" are better with some knots than others,it's really best to experiment at home -- just test them to destruction until you find the right one.

Start with your usual knot and work through all the others until you find what works best,I tend to use either a palomar or a grinner with braids(and mono).

Totally agree,Palomar and Grinner knots have

never let me down.You should not be put off

experimenting though Nugg.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

Palomar (double if the eye is large enough) and knotless knot. Both hold fine. Grinner I have just never used so can't say.

Many other knots that are great with mono will slip right out with braid.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

New power pro leaflet advocates Grinner over Palomar for a tiny bit more strength.

But as the guys have said there are lots of different braids, some shops even try and sell fusion as braid.

For me 7-8 turn grinner twice through eye first

I like Fire Line. Best knot is the Bimini Twist, the only 100 per center. A sod to tie but worth it.

As with any knot I tie in braid I tend to double it for increase insurance.

DCB