You, This Site And Its Future

Elton

Twice in the space of one week, comments made on this board have brought me into extremely uncomfortable positions with people involved in angling.

Such is the state of things now, I have had to spend money on legal advice. Money that could, and should, have been spent on improving this website.

Please think about the consequences of what you're saying on here. Although it is me that comes into conflict because of it initially, the law is quite clear - you are responsible for what you say.

I understand that some people won't like this attitude. Fine - there are many sites out there and I can only do my best to run mine as I see fit. I don't want people to feel that they don't want to post here any longer, but I can't be all things to all me (and women). There are many site owners who will gladly (or, perhaps, naively) swap hits for the risk of expensive legal bills.

On a personal level, I, like many, am becoming extremely bored of all the conflict of late. Let's put things into perspective - this is angling, a leisure activity that most of us take up in the name of relaxation.

I can't be awake 24 hours a day and I can't expect the moderators to, either. Therefore, I'm afraid that we have been forced into a position whereby anything that looks potentially troublesome for the site will be removed immediately, without comment.

I've kept this board as a real-time board and don't want to have to run a board on which every post has to be 'vetted' before it is shown to the world. Please, let's keep it that way.

Thanks for reading this far.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I can't be awake 24 hours a day and I can't expect the moderators to, either.

Huh Now he tells us!!!!! :P:D

Seriously though folks we are all for healthy debate but lets keep it to the issues and not either make things personal Sorry Victor!! :D:D or crosss the boundaries into the realms of libel

Cheers

Bleary eyed

Alan

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Hey Alan, pointed comments are one thing, but take a long, hard look in a mirror mate!

Elton, I for one, apologise if anything that I have said has caused you embarresment. That has never been intended. We are both on the same side of the fence.

Elton, I apologise if anything that I have said has caused you embarresment.

Catchpole I have had a few digs at you of late, again I apologise for the term Angling Bandit.

So lets have a day out fishing "No Keepnets"

It is very high on my hit list and after what happened last night whilst enjoying and evenings fishing it's now number one a complete ban on any of my waters.

Very good article keep up the good work.

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

From across the pond. I agree Elton. Usually, "when all is said and done, there has been more said THAN done" (Newt) anyway!!!!!!.

Before you invoke this policy there is ONE thing I would like to say about Chesters1. ------- Any problem???

Phone

Elton:

Please  think about the consequences of what you're saying on here. Although it is me that comes into conflict because of it initially, the law is quite clear - you are responsible for what you say.

I understand that some people won't like this attitude. Fine - there are many sites out there and I can only do my best to run mine as I see fit. .

Elton, I don't visit here as often since the carp side of things has moved but I look in now and again to see if anyone wants info on Holland or if there is anything to do with Anglers Net and its future.

In America if a person is suspected of being drunk they are made to do certain dexterity (spelling) tests. I have noticed that most of the insults, stupid remarks etc are after the pubs have shut.

How about a test when people log on, with a maze for example? If they fail they don't get in.

Alternativly, you know who they are, just BAN THEM, you have the technology, its your site and who needs them. :mad:

Not Chesters1 though :D:D , he is just an old sweety realy

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Another point, folks, you have to remember that when you make statements on here they are often seen as soon as posted, even if you subsequently change things you could still be responsible for libel.

I'm aware of some of the problems, but as a lawyer I cannot believe what some of you happily say without any thought to the consequences.

If you think that someone will be offended, don't post, go away and think about it and if necessary send a personal email. Do not post the matter on a public forum. As elton has mentioned it's not only you who could be hurt by the fall out.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

phil dean:

Another point, folks, you have to remember that when you make statements on here they are often seen as soon as posted, even if you subsequently change things you could still be responsible for libel.

I'm aware of some of the problems, but as a lawyer I cannot believe what some of you happily say without any thought to the consequences.

If you think that someone will be offended, don't post, go away and think about it and if necessary send a personal email. Do not post the matter on a public forum. As elton has mentioned it's not only you who could be hurt by the fall out.

Well said Phil, one problem is that some people do not think before they post, another is that they just don't think.

Private emails don't work because these people want an audience, "Look at me, I'm smarter (he thinks) than he is". BULL.

I have been on AN for a couple of years now and we have seen this before but not to the extent that Elton has had to resort to seeking legal advice, nearly said legal aide there.

If you guys want to post and you think that your English language is not up to it and you think you will look a complete plonker because of it, forget it, look at my posts, I don't give a monkeys if my spelling or grammer are wrong, just as long as I don't give offence but that people understand my question/answer.

I SAY IT AGAIN, BAN THESE PEOPLE. Who needs them, we don't on ANGLERSNET.

My email address is there as are most other peoples.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Elton, if we are liable for what we say on a forum, (and I don't doubt that we are) are you obliged to reveal anonymous posters to the appropriate authorities if requested.

ajp:

Elton, if we are liable for what we say on a forum, (and I don't doubt that we are) are you obliged to reveal anonymous posters to the appropriate authorities if requested.

Yes. There is mention of this on the agreement when you join:

http://anglersnet.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubb/ultima...b.cgi?ubb=agree

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE