Last trip before Xmas?

Dick Dastardly

Well this trip was before my Christmas dinner so it sort of counts. A short session this morning trotting maggots produced a brace of brownies, a small grayling and a chub of a couple of pounds (too cold to weigh it);

IMG_4874.jpg

I was after a Christmas Day chub so once he was caught that was it, I was off home sharpish.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Chris a Christmas Chub !! Are you out tomorrow?? bit mullered now so bed time soon Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Well I didn't fish after all today :-( Had to "give up" my bait fridge for the Xmas food so I put my maggots in the shed but they froze solid! Had a look down the river though and it looked ok and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have turned up a chub or two.Get some more maggots in the week!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

..so I put my maggots in the shed but they froze solid..

Yup, I bought mine last Thursday and was told to keep them in the fridge to keep them alive!

Pushing the space/time continuum a bit with a Boxing Day post but I had a lovely sunny day on the Lambourn chasing grayling today. Only caught two but they were around 1 1/2lb which is pretty good for this river. I fished a different stretch this time, one where last year's alterations have started to create some brilliant trotting swims. I've about a pint of maggots left so I'm going to give the ABU 706 a second chance tomorrow with a light float rod and a stick float, I got in a right pickle with it last Winter with line tangling behind the drum.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Had to "give up" my bait fridge for the Xmas food so I put my maggots in the shed but they froze solid!

There have been some advantages to this weather, my bait freezer has been packed too, but I have a bucket of deadbaits which are frozen solid in an outhouse since my last session back in novembe.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"