How Many Years?

Elton

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first memory of fishing was going with my granddad on the Ribble, probably at around the age of seven. I am forty-five this Wednesday. So about thirty eight years but with plenty of breaks. I remember I had a bamboo cane that day that seemed to be the longest rod in the world with some line tied to the end. I spent most of the day stuck in the trees (not much changed) :rolleyes:

Dave

Hi all, I first wet a line in 1977 aged 7 on the Gt Ouse, 3 miles from it's source.

My dad took me there and we caught Sticklebacks and Minnows all day on bread using my trusty 8ft glass rod and Intrepid Prince Regent reel.(which I've still got)

He continued to take me there most weekends until I was able to cycle there on my Raleigh Chopper aged 10.

I started fishing my local in 1983 fishing Junior Matches.

I only dabbled in fishing between 1987-1992.(became a 'Boy Racer'! :rolleyes: )

Fished for Carp pretty much ever since.

I've been fishing since the age of 3½ (!). My angling diary goes back to 1970 - I started it when I was nine. (I'll let you do the math )

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

:D 50 years and enjoyed every second of it

started when i was 8 years old :rolleyes:

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Since 1947 (at age 2 /w Dad) so 55 years.

And I started with a piece of nice, limber, dried/cured cane pole /w line tied to the tip, float from a whisky cork /w match stick in the center hole to stop it moving, split shot, and hook.

And I am for sure still learning. The pros on the black bass (largemouth/smallmouth) circuit are mostly younger guys and they are always inventing new lure techniques/tactics. Many times I read about them with a "who would have ever believed that would work" thought. Us older folks tend toward hardening of the imagination and can always use some fresh thoughts.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President