Should they ban rod licenses??????????

me

That was tongue in cheek mate, as I am 6ft and a bit heavier

I agree though, the people who are unlikely to buy a license are most likely to threaten violence.

But taking that point further, most Baliffs I have met during day time fishing in the week, are not big healthy young men. so why if they can ask to see a license cant we.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Kleinboet...

I wasnt being paronising, merely giving the relative cost of a license.

i dont dispute for one second that angling generally is quite expensive when you consider tackle and bait.

The whole rod license thing is very similar to a TV license IMHO, in as much as you HAVE to buy a TV license (which technically is for the BBC) wether you actually watch the BBC or not.

You also have to have a rod license wether you fish an EA controlled water or not.

Its not a lot to pay for a licence really. I think more efforts should be made to catch the lot who dont buy one. Why not just have a general licence? Instead of just for the EA.

The licence was mainly for the rivers but there is so much carp fishing on still waters these days that it has to cover that too.

I for one havent been checked this year, but think we should all have to caryy one.

As you can see Im a new member and I have been reading this topic for the last two days.

Can I ask is this about.

1 should disabled anglers get a cheap licence.

or

2 should we all have a licence.

In 1990 I was asked to join a national group of disabled anglers to give their veiws on licences for the disabled to the then N.R.A.

But I am sorry to say a lot were not implemented

but since the E.A. have taken over they are slowly getting there.You can only get a cons/licence if you fall intoone of the the following

Long Term Incapacity Benifit

Short Term Incapacity benifit Higher Rate

Severe Disablement Allowance

War Pension which includes Unemployment Supplement.

O.A.P. with documents of proof

Theres no more I have a doctors note for tooth ach,finger ache etc.

My wife could not work through ill health and got long term incapacity benefit but on reaching 60 as now been put on the new pension credit and is no longer entitled to cons/licence why you may ask because shes not 65 and does not get one of those benefits.I phoned and asked why stating she still had the complaint and it would never get better,answer she does not meet the criteria.

2 Yes whe should all have a licence and those who dont should suffer the consequences.

quote from E.A. web page.

Fishermen are reminded that Agency officers are deemed as constables when dealing with offenders

and have all the same powers as a uniformed officer.

and also from the Salmon and Freshwater 1975 also have the power to confiscate all equipment

used to commit an offence(tackle etc even cars)

here endeth the first chapter

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

Nugg,

You SERIOUSLY worry me :D You must spend hours checking old posts either that or your stalking me :D .

Unfortunatly with your map you are no where near where I go fishing. However the two pools on the 'Crem' are good. Not sure if your allowed to fish them though

[ 26. January 2004, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Ian Bass ]

I always have and always will buy a license because ........ ITS THE BLOODY LAW !!!!!!

O.K, the people who feel it is not necessary to buy one, go ahead and fish without one. But know this, you have had enough warnings about the consequences you face should you be caught.

Personally i think the people who do not buy a license and gloat in the knowledge of telling all and sundry that you never have and never been caught are not fit to call themselves anglers.

Just my view. :P

SteveF & ridgeacre - welcome to AN. Glad you are with us.

Will the old timers who are bashing directly at each other please stop it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President