IS BARCLAYS AVOIDING A MASSIVE TAX BILL

big_cod

There is rumours barclays are not telling the truth on profits they make in britain and we are talking about a sunstantial amount of tax which if it is right they are dodgeing the story was on the news this morning more to follow they said they were paying over 2 billion in tax which isnt exactly true its there employees who pay the majority .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£128 million isn't bad for a huge organisation ,lucky people ,on the main huge companies and rich people pay very little tax they can afford people to show how to avoid it ;)

whats new?

i think the above sum is corporation tax though rather than income tax?

companies tend to base themselves in low tax countries so the major amount is paid at those low tax rates

the government will drop their eyes when challenged and say "OH the company will move out of the UK if we give it a hard time" ,bullshine the companies rip us off far more than they can abroad so would lose a great deal more money doing so than a bit of tax if their forced to pay it ,all the time their not its icing on the cake.

we pay more for everything here so foreigners get it cheaper!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

In a word No.

From the BBC News site.

Banking group Barclays has reported pre-tax profits of £6.07bn for the full-year 2010, slightly higher than analysts were expecting.

The thing is not all of that profit was made in the UK, some would have been made in the US, some in Germany, some in Japan and of course some in the UK. The company would have paid corporation tax in all those different jurisdictions.

Employer's portion of PAYE and Nat Ins is not money payed by "employees" it's a tax on employment that any company has to pay to the Revenue for giving someone a job.

Another thing the BBC article does not make clear is that the £3.5bn paid in bonuses includes the Christmas bonuses for low paid staff, the tellers and other staff in your High Street branch who are not on huge salaries.

I know these things because I used to be an IT Contractor and BarCap was one of my clients. My desk used to be right outside Bob Diamond's office door.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

There is rumours barclays are not telling the truth

paul.

Since when did bank and telling the truth go together?

The tabloids have pushed out the rather romantic notion that the banks are some sort of service (overdrawn 20p incurring charges etc) but in reality the phrase " a bit of a banker" sums them up best.

"Muddlin' along"

Must be selective reading, when i read the link in full it does explain their tax implications with regards to profit and loss, collectively and overall that bank, and it's employees paid a significant amount of tax, nic despite occurring some losses. Much the same as being self employed, you off set your costs against liabilities, that's the system and the rules, they were obeying them. So bit of a non-story again. That bank aught to be applauded for doing their bit to pay for the mess that we are left in during tough times.

According to an answer given to the House of Lord by Treasury Minister Lord Sassoon, HMRC expects Britain's large banks to pay about £20bn in tax for the year 2010-11, of which 80pc was in the form of employee contributions and 20pc in corporation tax.

Giving evidence to the TSC last month, Mr Diamond said Barclays had paid out £12.5bn in UK tax in the last six years. In a statement Barclays said it complied with "taxation laws in the UK and in all the countries where we do business".

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Must be selective reading, when i read the link in full it does explain their tax implications with regards to profit and loss, collectively and overall that bank, and it's employees paid a significant amount of tax, nic despite occurring some losses. Much the same as being self employed, you off set your costs against liabilities, that's the system and the rules, they were obeying them. So bit of a non-story again. That bank aught to be applauded for doing their bit to pay for the mess that we are left in during tough times.

According to an answer given to the House of Lord by Treasury Minister Lord Sassoon, HMRC expects Britain's large banks to pay about £20bn in tax for the year 2010-11, of which 80pc was in the form of employee contributions and 20pc in corporation tax.

Giving evidence to the TSC last month, Mr Diamond said Barclays had paid out £12.5bn in UK tax in the last six years. In a statement Barclays said it complied with "taxation laws in the UK and in all the countries where we do business".

So they have nothing to hide barry why would somebody go to court to surpress something unless they dont want the public to see it make your own mind up .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/feb/1...ays-tax-secrets

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

What is a billion..............This is too true to be funny.

The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion Pounds ago was only 13 hours and 12 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

We have.........

Stamp Duty

Tobacco Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Income Tax

Council Tax

Unemployment Tax

Fishing License Tax

Petrol/Diesel Tax

Inheritance Tax

(tax on top of tax)

Alcohol Tax

V.A.T.

Marriage License Tax

Property Tax

Service charge taxes

Social Security Tax

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt.

We had the largest middle class in the world and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?

Can you spell ‘LABOUR?'

I hope this goes around the UK

at least 100 times.

What the hell happened?????

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt.

We had the largest middle class in the world and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?

Can you spell ‘LABOUR?'

I hope this goes around the UK

at least 100 times.

What the hell happened?????

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

That must be one of the daftest statements I've seen on any of these party political p*issing contest threads.

You must have posted it as a joke, surely?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Couldn't agree more John. Especially the "A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive". Had me spluttering coffee all over my screen and keyboard.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote