A / Net Chat Room

ThePiker

I've seen a few requests for an Anglers Net chatroom,is anyone still in favour of it?The last anglers one I used to visit, was on the Angling in Ireland Site( now a shadow of its former self).Through it I met Bobbyf from Scotland,who is now a firm friend and comes over to stay with me and fish here in Ireland :cool: :cool: :cool: .Also some other anglers who have now joined the Irish region of the Tenchfishers which I started.

So,what I'm trying to say is that Chatrooms for anglers have a lot going for them and can only enhance the best fishing web site there is.

B**l licking over,how's about it Elton?... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, we did used to have an unoficial live chatroom with sound called anglers net, on a program called paltalk, it was great and we all used to have a great laugh, but it tailed off, now, only me fisherking and randles use it, plus a few people that pop in from time to time, but even that is rare these days.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

As someone who has never used a chat room, perhaps I should stay quiet, but as usual I wont.

The only thing I know about Paltalk were that alot of the unecessarily rude comments made on here stemed from comments made by or too people whilst on paltalk, a bullitin board is dangerous but at least things can be deleted before you submit..........but when things were said that upset people on paltalk, they were heard then and there and a whole load of nasty posting on here sometimes followed.

Personally I'd rather keep away from that.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

• 3 weeks later...

If anybody knows of any really good free chatroom software, I'm all ears. The stuff I looked at a few years back cost thousands

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The problem with chatrooms is moderating them, i know we've got one on maggotdrowning & the original was a nightmare

The new fangled glitzy thingumy is a whole lot better though, you can only log in under your registered name (the one you use on the forums) & the moderators have the power to kick you out & lock your name out for good.

Its great because you can see who's in the chat room by clicking on a "key hole" which shows the names of the people already in there.

You can use smileys, different coloured text, different fonts & loads of other "nik naks" like "whispering" to another user IE: no one else can see it but the user you are whispering to.

It really is the dogs danglies, tell you what Elton why don't you come register on there & see what you think of the room yourself (it'll be great taking the pish out of you "live" :D (don't forget to bring ol liquid & stainless along as well)

I don't know who's the program is Elton but give webbo a shout & he'll put you straight.

Its gotta be worth a try :)

[ 22. December 2002, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: ALAN FAWCETT ]

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them