Bait saving

RUDD

People can eat sweetcorn as well as fish ?????????

you learn something new on Anglersnet every day!

Next you'll be telling me people eat that stinky pink luncheon meat with thier sweetcorn!

Mat

Mat

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people even eat Peperami, even though squeezing one makes it dribble fat in a very unpleasant manner. :o

p.s. Never attempt to go for a Jimmy Riddle without washing your hands FIRST, if you've been baiting with the black label (Firestick) variety. ;)

Some people even eat Peperami, even though squeezing one makes it dribble fat in a very unpleasant manner. :o

p.s. Never attempt to go for a Jimmy Riddle without washing your hands FIRST, if you've been baiting with the black label (Firestick) variety. ;)

I buy pellets, maize, molasses and hemp in bulk from an animal feed wholesaler -

They also sell pigeon condition mix (Partiblend) and Vitalin.

I get whole dried chillies and turmeric from a herb seller -

All far cheaper and i can prepare the amount i need.

P.S.

Never touch your peewee after grinding chillies. LOL

I agree, not a pleasant experience !!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Next you'll be telling me people eat that stinky pink luncheon meat with thier sweetcorn!

Ye gods no. I remember being served "Bacon Grill" for breakast in the 70's and that's like foi gras compared to luncion meat.

Will be trying chicken and beef luncheon meat this year though and will post results.

Some people even eat Peperami, even though squeezing one makes it dribble fat in a very unpleasant manner.

It's a bit of an animal - but they don't tell you which bit........

Good standby bait to keep in the bag though as a stick will give you ten baits and weighs nothing.

Had a few interesting chilli incidents but believe me, nothing compares to Vicks Vapo Rup on the old fella - the damn stuff is waterproof and NOTHING makes it better - not even running under a cold tap - and believe me, I did that.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Had a few interesting chilli incidents but believe me, nothing compares to Vicks Vapo Rup on the old fella - the damn stuff is waterproof and NOTHING makes it better - not even running under a cold tap - and believe me, I did that.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Well Ken I suppose you had to tell her something when Mrs L caught you with the "Old bald headed man in the pink polar neck sweater" stuck up the cold water tap..................... ;)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

While we're still off topic, beware of having a leak when you've been handling strongly dyed bait.

The bronze maggots we used in the 70s and 80s used to leave a nicotine coloured stain, but the red maggot dye looked a bit like lipstick........try explaining that one to your other half! :black_eye:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Just as well you all fish so you have a spurious excuse to cover up your little peccadillo's.

Do you really believe when you turn up in A&E with chilli burns down below the nurses will believe it was a fishing accident? ;)

Next you will be trotting out "that I fell while doing the hoovering and it just got stuck" :D

Edited by Dales

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I used to have a mate who worked for ROSPA and I've been out with several A&E nurses.

The nurses even have courses where such things as the tendency of certain gentlemen (mainly gentlemen) to accidentally slip and fall onto all manor of unlikely (but fortuously lubricated) objects and how to deal with said gentlemen are explicitly taught.

My favorite story though comes from ROSPA in Edinburgh.

Apparently, at some point in the mid 80's a Scottish paper or magazine published an article suggesting that the easiest way to take a man to the limits of ecstasy was to slap something cold on the back of his happy sacks right at the moment of his "arrival". The article went on to suggest that something like a small bag of frozen peas or sweetcorn straight from the freezer was ideal but neglected to suggest that our brethren north of the border should use an unopened packet.

Now obviously, if your Mrs applies frozen corn in the heat of passion, there's going to be some tendency to clench and legend had it that the local hospitals were extracting frozen niblets and treating freezer burned bumholes for weeks afterwards.

You see, I even got the thread back to bait....... :D

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.