Photos of Joplin, Missouri after the F4 tornado passed through

Newt

This page may load slowly with all the large photos. Worth waiting for though.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/05...issouri/100072/

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Blimey Newt. :o:o:o

Looks like the bombs dropped.

Thats terrible, yet hardly a mention on our news channels.

Headines over here are that David Beckham has gone to a pie & mash shop :doh:

Condolences to everyone affected.

Mate, I feel for your countrymen. Joplin got a real smack in the teeth, but they will get up and build again, such is their resiliance and strength. :thumbs:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

That was a strong F4 storm (winds nearing 200mph) which is bad enough. An F5 will suck up pavement up from the highway and sidewalks in places.

I have been around some F2/F3 tornadoes which are bad enough but nothing like that one - and hopefully I never will.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Strewth! :o Even powerful enough to debark trees!

C.

I noticed that too Chris.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I noticed that too Chris.

Not surprisingly its now been upgraded to an F5 and the death toll at least 125 with insured losses estimated at $1-3Billion. Another biggy hit Oklahoma yesterday - makes you glad we don't get weather like that here!!!!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog