the river boys

bluezulu

haha im young my self mate(23) but i look younger and i have had trouble in the past,you just gotta remeber there kids,i tell them how it his,ie f*k off downstream and make noise otherwise one of ya's going swimming!some dont ned to be tol dlike that a quite word is all thats needed.i dont care how many there are i aint having know 14-16 year old try it with me.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get 'em to spot the fish for me.

On moving water I find the fish shoot off away from 'em. I just try to predict where they go.

Or I just send 'em in the opposite direction.

Occasionally they come in really handy, finding caddis fly larvae etc.

"Muddlin' along"

After having recieved a phone call telling me that the river (Severn) was low, clear and looking perfect on thursday, I ended up being let down on Friday night when my lift pulled out at the last possible minute.

Needless to say I was more than a little miffed But got myself up and out on Saturday morning for 3 or 4 hours.

Unfortunatly, by Saturday morning, the river was coloured, either with compensation water or because the showers upstream had been heavier than in Birmingham.

Fishing was a little slow and I had about two dozen chub from 10 oz to about 2 1/2 pounds plus a few perch on spinners and spinnerbaits before moving off to fish the Stour near Kidderminster where I had more chub and perch as well as a bonus trout.

It was an OK start but the river can produce so much more. If anyone is travelling to fish the Severn this summer, try to make the trip mid week because the compensation water kills the sport for the weekends.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

ken where abouts can you fish the stour in kiddy?never fished it myself but would love to have a go.i come from the same part of the world as you and love fishing the smaller rivers like the blyth,mease,salwarpe,anker,tame etc like i say never fished the stour though.

Hi Bluzulu (? bit of a football fan).

I'd happily fish anywhere I can get access. Nobody seems to control it and I've never seen another angler - although I'm sure that'll change after this post.

My usual access point is the canal towpath just down from the wren's nest pub. This'll give you about a mile of downstream fishing but only about twenty accessible pegs before the river and the canal head off in different directions.

We catch plenty of chub and perch, quite a few brownies and we've even had a 3lb rainbow that must have got out of one of the lakes upstream.

Of course everything goes back. Not because I feel any particular scruples, it's more a case of not wanting to max out my bodies ability to cope with dissolved toxins and heavy metals - the only thing you'd catch out of the Stour when I was a kid were turds and condoms.

The only strange thing is the apparent total absence of pike. Maybe they suffer from a build up of those nasties.

If you find any more access points, drop me a line. It looks lovely from the ring road heading to Bewdley, but I've not seen a way down to it.

Never fished the Blyth but I have heard good things.

Used to fish the Mease a lot as a kid but it seemed a lot more overgrown and a lot more weedchocked than it used to be when I last fished it - Maybe they've upped the level of abstraction.

I fish the Tame quite a bit. Not out by Minworth where it's a bit deep and slow and the flies eat you for breakfast, I fish it right in the heart of Birmingham within sight of Spaghetti Junction where good fun (and a lot of funny looks) can be had with a fly rod.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

After my 'kidnapping' (by the wife to take e'r shop'n somat b'out some child's b'day!) I did get to the Avon for a few hours in the evening, River looks great just no fish! a few small chub about but no sign of any Barbel. Returned Thurs - same so went to one of the clubs lakes - 8+ carp to 10lb mainly on bread / doggies & the best on one of these new fangled 'plastic dog biscuits'. Went back to the lake on Sunday for the afternoon and only managed to winkle out one carp! & hard work to get that. I will try the river again some eve's this week & report if Mr Barbel does show.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Chesters,I fish the river at leatherhead and fetcham,the river Mole.At present it really does need some water,we have similar conditions to start of last season,which only got worse as it got hotter.The stretch anyway is mostly shallow,so only it gets exasperated with no rain.

chuby

Ratty,irish-pedunkle's,compleate with donkeys.

They were not rude,just a pain in the neck-ya want to sell that rod mister-NO,can we have that fish mate-NO,why not-P**s off.

chuby