the river boys

bluezulu

nursejudy:

Erm! Erm!

If I say I got rather wet!and made loud splashing noises        :o      :o      :o      :o      :o      :o   so much for River Don.

Judy   :o  

i was on the don as well

i lost 4,000,000 hooks 2,000,000 ssg 145 miles of line

got one nice bite one nice chub 6lb

the plant life is like the amazon

fished 3pm till 6pm had a bad cold

where on the don where you fishing

i am going roving down (trotting for dace) from whin gardens to medowhall saterday from about 2pm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were near Sprotbrough i think,I slipped on the bank........What is the acess like at Whinn gardens ,I pass there every day on way to work.Cheers

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

went back friday blanked :( went back today same swim,one barbel no monster 6lb 12oz,but boy did it give me a fight!nice fish had a few fluke things on it?like leeches,but round and white in colour?strange.very happy bunny i am.did you go ed??

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

A small chub started the session and his older brother finished it. Bout 2lb 8oz, miles off my PB but was fun to stalk him from the shoal. He also had one of those white disk like paratites and a couple of the small green leaches but a touch of bonjela and they came right off. Then he was released and he joined the shoal again under the trees.

Next week is barbel time! (or is that borris time?)

oh yes boris time it is,bit worried about them tho its getting hotter last few ive caught i've had no choice but to get in and help them recover.its always fun to stalk chevin,i learnt on the overgrown backwaters of the stort in harlow,essex used to go up there all the time in the 6 weeks holidays when i was at school, those where the days...floating crust...thats what ive got to get orabase or bonjela,i picked a few off so boris went back happy.

AKA RATTY

Just had second trip to river(glutten for punishment),had a couple of chub out very quickly,but river desperatly needs rain,its so very low and clear.

After a fruitless wander along the stretch and persistent pestering by pedunkle kids,loads of em turned up :mad: :mad: ,gave up.

Just hope we get some rain and the pedunkle's move on.

Chuby

Peduncles aye,where they irish or romany gypsies my lot are all tinkas,well some of them oh yes th e old fitzpatrick clan mate,

"gissa go of ya rod mister" well at least ya didnt blank!

AKA RATTY

you dont say what part of surrey but down here in sunn :confused: y tilford the local pond hasent stopped running for 3 years (used to drop 2 feet in summer) and the old sand pit that used to be difficult to see the water in it was so deep is now overflowing into the woods ,the wey is a normal summer level here

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chuby:

Just had second trip to river(glutten for punishment),had a couple of chub out very quickly,but river desperatly needs rain,its so very low and clear.

After a fruitless wander along the stretch and persistent pestering by pedunkle kids,loads of em turned up   :mad:      :mad:   ,gave up.

Just hope we get some rain and the pedunkle's move on.

Chuby

I have the same problem on my local river. On Saterday night there was about 12 of them (14-16)! They had come down to the river to drink bottles of cider and make lots of noise :confused: :rolleyes:

I don't like fishing up there alone now and i never fish there alone during mid day. Kids swimming in the river love to anger the lone anglers :mad:

Shot down after work on Wednesday.

Great to see the float bobbling along.

Did not get past my first stop. I was just enjoying a string of small fish. these varied across dace, chub, gudgeon, perch, rudd/roach. I had a long spell of 1/2 lb chub at about 8.00pm .

Even had a pike steal one of them, so they must have been OK!

A great cloud of Canada's paraded past, 32 young!

Kingfisher put in an appearance, but did not go near last year's nest site. Grey wagtail was busy, a bit rare here abouts, but I am not sure that there was a nest around.

Two kids larking about managed to send a load of fish in my direction. But they went home to tea.

"Muddlin' along"