so less than a week to go!

viney

It's that magical day again Thursday coming! Jairm and myself have booked it off work and intend to be on our chosen stretch of the Kennet by around 9pm Wednesday evening trickling bait in ready for 1 second past midnight and the beginning of my barbel campaign :) the gf goes on holiday wednesday morning so I have a completely free pass for a week, hopefully plenty to report in my blog!

What are everyone else's plans? I imagine Mr plumb and rusty have the day booked off?

Matt

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and rusty have the day booked off?

I do indeed, and Friday. I did have weirpool plans and will be going for another look tomorrow but even if spawning activity has stopped the advice from AN'ers is that wading gravelly shallows after chub wouldn't be a good idea so I need to re-think. I've got loads of lobs left over from Wingham in the fridge and they're still alive and well so I might try for perch in deeper slower sections, either way I'll start at Speen Moors and take it from there.

I'll call during the day to see how you're doing.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I shall be starting on a lake!!!! Though may drop by for a bit of trotting on the first day if not tooo knackered.... And yes I have the 16th off and the 17th and 20th and 21st and err 22nd.......:) Unfortunately its the SEAA championships on 18/19 so will be down in Ashford (Kent) for those 2 days.....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Unfortunately I'm at Ascot enjoying myself on 15th June so will be mostly recovering from a hangover on 16th June whilst attempting to work. I'm also working that weekend as we've got a site handing over on the following Monday morning :(

However, I will go for a little stroll the following week after work and may have a rod in the car for such an occasion ;)

Good luck to all though, I hope you all catch what you want to.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Condolences to you and your family TM.

Did I text you my new number rusty?

Hoping to catch a decentish barbel in this opening week of the season! Anything over 6lb and ill be more than happy! Hoping our chosen stretch will be fairly quiet due to being out of the way!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Sorry to hear that TM.

Going to be on the bank after my last early shift on Thursday! Probably Martham. Going to go Friday and Sunday somewhere too! Might wallow in some childhood memories and walk the non-tidal Bure, Buxton way, might also give the Kayak its maiden voyage somewhere too. Depends on the weather really.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

I am nearly climbing the walls with hope and anticipation of good weather and a great days fishing.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Will have to go on the River, possibly a trot on the Mill Avon in town in the morning and a traditional barbel blank on the main River in the evening. Busy week ahead though Mum's funeral on Tuesday which put's the fishing in perspective, dentists, and a meeting on the evening of the 16th :headhurt: that the wife has been delegated to attend.

But whoever you are and wherever you go, enjoy being back on the River :thumbs:

Teme man sorry for your loss ....just been through it myself face hope you have a good opening day steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: