Need help with piking

ejmcdonald

Smudger,

As I've said, they are only fish. Do as you choose. Just don't say you are doing it in the name of "safety. Nobody recommends you rinse your fish in dirt. It is just safer for unhooking than a well rinsed mat (unless you choose to use a surfactant). You're being far to sensitive. Frankly, no one fishes any better than the English and for sure you are generally some of the worlds best stewards. We all do what we do with the best of intensions. It's just that sometimes we don't have the "facts" straight. At no time was I "digging". You'll see, I rarely do that in two dimensions. When you choose to use a mat is for you to decide - regardless of the science.

We don't have many fisheries rules. And, for sure we have a lot more jerks than you have. What's your point? It's to bad when the rules you do have are not in the best interest of the fish (pure science, not opinion).

As for the "boga grips". I have no scientific evidence, didn't bring the subject up, and don't know execpt what I've read that was written by fishermen. Fishermen often, in fact frequently, don't know much science. I can see wanting to minimize the "spook factor" in your net, so blac at least makes some sense. What do you think of at least using a white, thus cooler and easier to visually clean, unhooking mat? Not traditional enough?

My discussions will never be personal jabs. You can repost with them if you choose. Conversations and "learning experiences" usually come from civil disagreements. I like that better.

Phone

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone

my apologies,i took it that the "steward" remark was a jibe.as for mat will have to agree to disagree.

fish well and in peace

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

How may times do I have to say 'I don't have a club'?? (I shall say it again, I am not a member of club) perhaps you only see what you want to see, and ignore anything which intereres with your arguments? Not everyone in in a club, you clearly have difficulty with that concept, anglers are not the homogenous group you seem to wish they would be. I dont have a 'club licence' (there is no such thing anyway, a club may issue a membership card etc, but not a licence even if some are pompus enough to call it that).

I havn't contradicted myself one bit, never mind every post, I dont carry a mat when roving because I am not obliged to do so, on any water which I fish, its not a rule! Nor it it a rule to actually use the net on the one water stated. It's only a rule (yes daftness) to carry one, and that I got directly from the secretary.

As for the EA licence, your submission of that as a variable to support your case makes me think that perhaps you dont fish much at all? You think that it insists or even suggests that I use a mat when mobile fishing on particular waters? Have you even seen an AE licence recently?

Perhaps you just out to wind folk up, and like everyone else has done I should just ignore you? for its like talking to the (Herry Enfield) comedy character as he wlks up and down the water side squeaking 'you dont want to do that!'

No, i am not here to wind any one up, B)B)

And yes i have seen the EA licence, this years one has a Perch on it, last years one had a Barbel the year before was also a Perch.Are trying imply that i fish illegally :angry::angry:

Some one must own the waters you fish?????if not own/run by a club they more than likely come under the EA's governace :rolleyes:

Perhaps you have not aqainted yourself with the fisheries rules or maybe never gave a thought that they might actaully have some!

As for comment of the Enfield character...oh very droll, :lol::lol:

Edited by smudger

Smudger,

Like I said, it is HARD in two dimensions to fully understand. I bet we could fish and argue from daylight til dark whilst fishing together.

OK - a slight "jab" We agree to disagree. The world was flat for a long time. Microbiology is reasonably new, and tradition is very old. (insert giggle).

Phone

And yes i have seen the EA licence, this years one has a Perch on it, last years one had a Barbel the year before was also a Perch.Are trying imply that i fish illegally :angry::angry:

Some one must own the waters you fish?????if not own/run by a club they more than likely come under the EA's governace :rolleyes:

Perhaps you have not aqainted yourself with the fisheries rules or maybe never gave a thought that they might actaully have some!

Maybe I'm reading you wrong smudger, but you seem to be implying that unhooking mats are compulsory under EA law. I must have missed this piece of legislation. Could you please provide a link to the relevant ruling?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

You can't seem to see outside of what you know, your world. Where did you get this obsession with 'clubs'? (your begining to sound like a stuck record). The nation owns most of the waters I fish and are controlled by the National Park (lake district), I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years which is why I can say without fear of (your, or anyone else's) contradiction that it says nothing whatsoever about my having to wander around with a mat, it doesn't even say I have to use one at all. As stated, I choose to when static fishing and I use one on my boat.

The reason I asked you if you had seen a fishing licence is that you introduced the document to help prove your case, however that too says nothing about mats. Your statement 'come under the EA's governance' just shows that you have failed to take the time to find out just what the EA's function is in regard to all the country's waters.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Maybe I'm reading you wrong smudger, but you seem to be implying that unhooking mats are compulsory under EA law. I must have missed this piece of legislation. Could you please provide a link to the relevant ruling?

John.

No i am not implying that its compulsory under EA regulations, i am implying that under most clubs its more often than not compulsory.

You can't seem to see outside of what you know, your world. Where did you get this obsession with 'clubs'? (your begining to sound like a stuck record). The nation owns most of the waters I fish and are controlled by the National Park (lake district), I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years which is why I can say without fear of (your, or anyone else's) contradiction that it says nothing whatsoever about my having to wander around with a mat, it doesn't even say I have to use one at all. As stated, I choose to when static fishing and I use one on my boat.

The reason I asked you if you had seen a fishing licence is that you introduced the document to help prove your case, however that too says nothing about mats. Your statement 'come under the EA's governance' just shows that you have failed to take the time to find out just what the EA's function is in regard to all the country's waters.

So are you saying that the EA has no jurisdiction or control over any thing to with the fishing in waters that you fish?

And sorry when i say clubs that also includes Angling Associations

Edited by smudger

So are you saying that the EA has no jurisdiction or control over any thing to with the fishing in waters that you fish?

And sorry when i say clubs that also includes Angling Associations

On the contrary, I'm saying that there are aspects of the management of ALL waters which the EA are responsible for. I worked for them, when it was the 'NRA', so I am well aware of the 'juristriction' we had. There is no requirement for me by law to carry a mat when mobile fishing, and you have not brought any evidence to the table to say that there is.

Clubs/ Angling Associations...you are still hanging grimly onto that notion...I dont belong to either. I pay one club to fish on one of their waters (I already stated this) I havn't fished another 'clubs' water at all as far as I can honestly remember, nor an 'Angling association's'.

It's the national park, town council's or day tickets.

You are persisting when you know you are wrong.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

On the contrary, I'm saying that there are aspects of the management of ALL waters which the EA are responsible for. I worked for them, when it was the 'NRA', so I am well aware of the 'juristriction' we had. There is no requirement for me by law to carry a mat when mobile fishing, and you have not brought any evidence to the table to say that there is.

Clubs/ Angling Associations...you are still hanging grimly onto that notion...I dont belong to either. I pay one club to fish on one of their waters (I already stated this) I havn't fished another 'clubs' water at all as far as I can honestly remember, nor an 'Angling association's'.

It's the national park, town council's or day tickets.

You are persisting when you know you are wrong.

hang on aminute your saying this

Your statement 'come under the EA's governance' just shows that you have failed to take the time to find out just what the EA's function is in regard to all the country's waters.

then the next you come out with this

'im saying that there are aspects of the management of ALL waters which the EA are responsible for.

i am lost, and i do not i am wrong, that is what the debate is about, trouble is your flip floping around so much you seem to forgot what you've posted..or am i wrong about that as well

you fish free waters not owned by club/'Angling association's............. lucky you

Do you think you owe to future generations of anglers to look after the welfare of fish

could go on for a fair while like this