Foreign language angling signs

Colin Brett

Translation programmes vary a lot and from language to language on individual sites.

I wouldn't mind betting you could find some pictures of signs in Polish etc on Google though because I'm sure Ive seen quite a few on the net in recent years.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Colin,

вся словленная рыба должна быть выпущена обратно

Russian

Phone

Edit: vs'a slovlennaia riba dolzna byt vipuschena obratno

The edit is phonetic - it is impossible to say in English

Edited by Phone

Colin,

вся словленная рыба должна быть выпущена обратно

Russian

Phone

Edit: vs'a slovlennaia riba dolzna byt vipuschena obratno

The edit is phonetic - it is impossible to say in English

I've got four 12 bores, a .410 and a black powder musket....any good?..........not to mention the longbows!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

A few in English would help.

Even club controlled waters seldom have any signs on them.

Many waters should have signs warning of possible infection if you and/or your pet go in them.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Does anyone have them?

Looking to put " All fish must be returned alive" in the major EE languages, Polish, Latvian, Portugese, Russian and Lithuanian on all out club notices.

Is Google any good [reliable] for translations?

Colin

Several sings in Russian:

Ловить рыбу запрещено

Водоём находится в аренде

Рыбалка платная

The question is why do you need such info.

Does anyone have them?

Looking to put " All fish must be returned alive" in the major EE languages, Polish, Latvian, Portugese, Russian and Lithuanian on all out club notices.

Is Google any good [reliable] for translations?

Colin

And one more info, there isn't such sing in Russia. When landlord of pond lays down a rule that All fish must be returned alive he tolds about that before you start to fish, that's why we don't have any similar sings.

Hi Colin

Kings Lynn aa have recently put up some new signs multilanguage on their popular stretches I looked at last weekend.

They also have on their web page their basic rules availeable in the languages you need.

http://www.klaa.co.uk/about-klaa/bye-laws

I know exactly why you need them as everywhere you go on the fens there are round area's of burn't grass.

John

Have the same (bigger) problem in Ireland with usual excuse of ‘ no speakey language’ whatever its printed in. You might want to think about pictures, you know the sort of thing, a fish being carried away with a cross over it, A fish in a pan with a cross through it, fire with a cross through it etc. It’s then multi lingual provide they have sight.