At wot age did you first pick up a rod?

chris mc

Crystal Palace boating lake - now that brings back memories. Never caught much at the place as kids so usually ended up hiring a boat. Happy days!

Paul

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to break the pattern, I was 28, unless you count Ally Pally boating lake with a bamboo cane and bent pin at about aged 13; but there was an ulterior motive for that which involved a young lady who I was hoping wouldn't be too much of a lady. :o

Guest sslatter

BoozleBear:

:D Hmmm, I feel we might be headed for Pun Central with this one.

Naaaaaaaaaaah.

Still.. it's just about the only time that a rubber should be used on a waggler.

Leon . . Go on only 53 years ago?

Me about 6 or 7, in Tonbridge park when another lad asked me to look after his gear, he nipped to the shops - I caught a hugh, massive . . Gudgeon. No one else in my family fished so I use to catch the bus to Cyrstal Palace boating lake with my 6' bright yellow solid glass rod and plastic reel ( oh for a Black Prince ). Did not get much for a couple of years until a guy gave me a size 20 instead of the 10 I was using with maggots. Passed my angling apprentiship ( along with my ,still, angling mate Dave ) at Keston Ponds. Now how many of you can say the same.

Andrew Boyd