So Ghadaffi dies

Sportsman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are no better than Gadaffi then. Ignorant of law...until someone attacks you eh?
He got what he had coming to him.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

it makes me smile when we go into countries guns blazing using the excuse X or Y is bad or a regime is bad then act exactly like whatever was going on once we take control :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have always said I would not like to be the leader allied to the west who had a few gallons of oil buried in his garden.

The future wouldn't look too good.

Have you got a car or any other form of transport that has an internal combustion engine? If so I trust that you check at the filling station that they only sell fuel refined from North Sea oil, rather than Libyan or Iraqi or Saudi or Venezuelan oil?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

mine comes from yorkshire its a bye product of the tea growing oop there

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

mine comes from yorkshire its a bye product of the tea growing oop there
:D :D

Everyone is missing a very important issue here.

Irrespective of who Gaddafi is or what he has done he was unarmed when killed.

So that golden pistol was planted on him? Possible, I suppose, but he was previously known to possess such a weapon.

So that golden pistol was planted on him? Possible, I suppose, but he was previously known to possess such a weapon.
Several, even.

It's unclear what happened to him - he was captured alive, but was injured in the process. There is video footage of him immediately after his capture. It was claimed that he later died of his wounds - quite conceivable, he was an old man. It is subsequently reported that he died from gunshot wounds to the head and chest - what are claimed to be post mortem photographs have been released apparently showing an entry wound on the left side of his head. Reports claim, however, that the wound is not consistent with execution by shooting at very close range - no powder burns. In the video taken post-capture, he is conscious and possibly able to stand, but disorientated and the side of his head where the entry wound is shown post mortem is covered with blood. The video quality is too poor to say much else.

I don't know whether it is feasible that he was hit in the head from some distance and suffered a wound which was not immediately fatal. Not sure we'll ever know exactly what happened. If he was taken alive and not mortally wounded, he should have faced due process rather than summary execution, but I guess that's an occupational risk of being a murderous dictator. I won't be shedding any tears for him.

If he was taken alive and not mortally wounded, he should have faced due process rather than summary execution, but I guess that's an occupational risk of being a murderous dictator. I won't be shedding any tears for him.
Good post Steve. My feelings in a nutshell.