So Ghadaffi dies

Sportsman

I have always said that todays western ally is tomorrows deposed regime.

The western powers once loved Sadam Hussein...he's dead.

In the Iran/Iraq war the UK supported Hussein whilst secretly selling arms to Iran...go figure.

The West loved the Talibhan when they fought the USSR...they are now ousted.

I remember seeing the BBC acknowledging their courage when they destroyed some Russian convoy or other.

The UK, or more so Mr Blair, loved Gadaffi...but maybe he asked for more from the relationship.

Or maybe the west wanted to hide the fact that Gadaffis men tortured British/American prisoners...who knows?

FFS there was a time in the past when the west was totally in favor of Hitlers regime... :o:o:o

America and Britain as late as spring 1939 commended his regime even though they knew of the horrors commited in the camps.

If I was an ally of the UK or America today I would be terrified of the future consequences for such an alliance.

Edited by Now there's a right un.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pope (of the time) openly turned a blind eye to hitlers jewish solution ,the present one was trained by him :D

with our chequered history calling any regime bad is a kettle calling a pot black ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The latest in the Kadafi saga - his family now apparently plans to sue NATO over his death.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/...?track=lat-pick

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

FFS there was a time in the past when the west was totally in favor of Hitlers regime... :o:o:o

America and Britain as late as spring 1939 commended his regime even though they knew of the horrors commited in the camps.

Chamberlain had his faults, but I think it is stretching it a bit to say that either he or Roosevelt were "totally in favor of Hitlers regime". Which camps are we talking about? I had always thought that the first death camp (Chelmno) was not completed until 1941.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The latest in the Kadafi saga - his family now apparently plans to sue NATO over his death.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/...?track=lat-pick

One charge could be his human rights were abused because he did not get a proper Islamic burial ?

Could a horrible homicidal maniac have human rights ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

One charge could be his human rights were abused because he did not get a proper Islamic burial ?

Could a horrible homicidal maniac have human rights ?

not sure that "abuse" would hold much weight ,bin liner was dumped in the sea according to america and i guess his pre burial ceremony was countless photos of him being buggered and his balls being hacked off for the photo albums

now thats all over what new despot can we bolster?

Saparmurat Niyazov looks good any oil? ooooh yes lots but are we already? damn hes dead! next!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

not sure that "abuse" would hold much weight ,bin liner was dumped in the sea according to america and i guess his pre burial ceremony was countless photos of him being buggered and his balls being hacked off for the photo albums

now thats all over what new despot can we bolster?

Saparmurat Niyazov looks good any oil? ooooh yes lots but are we already? damn hes dead! next!

Truth or pure speculation Chesters. ?

I dont believe for one moment that sort of thing was done to the body of Laden, something like that happening would have been splashed all over the internet within minutes of it happening. :o

IMHO good ridance to crap, both may not be in paradice with the virgins, more like burning in hell.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Chamberlain had his faults, but I think it is stretching it a bit to say that either he or Roosevelt were "totally in favor of Hitlers regime". Which camps are we talking about? I had always thought that the first death camp (Chelmno) was not completed until 1941.

Dachau was built in 1933 and the UK knew of its reason for being in 1936.

Mainly used for those in protective custody and to make them disappear.

Both the UK and America envied Germany for the following reasons:

By 1938 Germany had almost 99% employment.

Germany had a fully controlled population.

Germany was efficient in dealing with anit social elements of society.

Edited by Now there's a right un.

Truth or pure speculation Chesters. ?

I dont believe for one moment that sort of thing was done to the body of Laden, something like that happening would have been splashed all over the internet within minutes of it happening. :o

IMHO good ridance to crap, both may not be in paradice with the virgins, more like burning in hell.

it happened in a helicopter with a handful of soldiers :rolleyes: if it was "splashed" all over the internet in minutes i guess the CIA would pretty well have a suspicion of who did it ;)

The snaps will be put away until time passes and things calm down especially with hind sight over the Abu Ghraib pictures ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_to..._prisoner_abuse

i thnk now american soldiers pretty well have immunity in law to all forms of abuse ,torture or perhaps even the odd death they do on prisoners but buggering bin laden could well get you into prison still it certainly would inflame a few bin laden devotees and prompt them into even more revenge

remember one excuse was saddam arrested people for no reason put them in prison and tortured and abused them ,we get rid of saddam and carry on ,not a good example to set ,america set up a comfy prison on cuba and people have been there for years yet not proven guilty of any crime ,hardly an example of civilised behaviour ,saddam was a scapegoat but Rumsfeld al;most as bad ,strange surname as well! anyone notice a lot of the american commanders had jewish? surnames :whistling:

taking pictures of the dead or especially of a dead "enemy" is as old as cameras ,i have no doubt bin liner has a few memory cards to himself just as gadaffi does

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=photo+of+...TJIaX8QP0qJGoCw

now everyone has a camera ;) and as we saw in abu graib theres the perverts who have them too .i have no proof "posed" pictures were taken but i am in no doubt they were taken ,every abuse you can think of is on camera if you doubt it google "russian soldier getting throat cut" for a very famous clip and you can bet russian soldiers had their own versions

Edited by chesters1