Problem Anglers

Tog

The local experts.

When you go to a match venue with a carefully formulated plan and the 'local expert' informs you that "you don't want to be doing this, you want to be doing that. You don't want to fish there, you should be fishing over there". These are often people who only fish at the best times of the day and give them a peg in the match and they'd crap out. They tell you what a fabulous day they had yesterday and how prospects for tommorrow are superb. But it's today I'm fishing and not him, I'm fishing now and he isn't, I can't stand them :mad:

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Striking too sharply, when fishing at close-range, so that a missed bite results in your rig flying past your shoulder and into the bush behind you!

Also rods that have rings with insufficient 'stand off', so wet line gets stuck to the blank. On my Ron Thompson, a float rig with 2 BB shot won't pull line off the reel unless cast quite forcefully.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

So here's mine!

Litter!: (and yes ciggy butts ARE litter)

Noise: (mobile phones do have a silent mode & radio's even have a volume knob)

Swim hoggers: If your baits are in the swim oposite don't carp on when someone sets up to fish it!

Path blockers: that track along the edge of the wet stuff is for others to walk along - not for you to fill with clobber, It's hard enough to carry all my kit without it being an olympic event!

Mr MegaKit: you all know him, he's got F@x everbloodything and needs a small generator to run all the whatsits, He gets loads of big fish - it's just nobodys about when he does!

Dopey Parkers: Everybody parks nice & tidy except mr prat who parks the other way & takes up four spaces, Then he sits & toots his horn when he can't leave!

Miserable b@stards: Sit & mope about how bad the fishing's been, For gods sake your fishing! it's got to be better than work! (& keeps me away from the dragon )

Mink!

Swans: - at 'pest' population levels on the Avon.

Flying Rats (seagulls) take all my floating freebies & leave none for the fish.

Heyhoo got that lot off my chest!! feel much better now! :)

[ 22. July 2004, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Toggle ]

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

********s who claim to be anglers and when your not looking come over and nick your catapult...my mate had a rod nicked by some pricks...not happy, hes still l;ooking for them

hmmmm really

Litter

People who turn up cast out and then spend all day phoning their mates, who should be able to hear them anyway cause they have to SHOUT at the phone.

People who only know how to fish one swim, whether they can get in it or not.

Mr local expert who never fishes

The have you caught out mate? brigade.

Anglers who bitch about other forms of angling and the people that do it.

Rats, rats and more rats (see litter :( )

I once went to a pond and the rats were taking dead fish out of the margins. 2lb carp at that.

Mark

Mark

ok heres mine

Litter, one water where i fish you get the weekend carper, takes a carrier bag puts his rubbish in then hangs it from the fence, nice people but someone still got to clear it

Weekend carpers, those who turn up on a friday with everything and the kitchen sink. Bivvie up and when nature calls and no not a pee, they cant be bothered to reel their lines in walk the 5 mins to the toilets, they just go somewhere where its quiet drop the trouser do the deed then flag it up with a bit of pink paper. USE THE BLOODY TOILETS

Inconsiderate people next to you.

Those who give balifs hard time for charging them to fish.

Bait companys that insist on selling every thing in cans. Why not do what smartbait do and sell it in a pouch, less litter easier to carry.

other than that i dont really have any others i just tend to let everything else just drift by, im fishing and thats all im worrying about at that time

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

Lid:

Any other anglers where I am fishing.   :cool:  

:D As John Geirach said:-

"There are only two sorts of anglers - those in your own party and the a**holes" (Thats pronounced the American way, to rhyme with bass :) )

To be more serious, my major hate is litter - which can lose a club its waters just because of few ignorant ant-social louts.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

So Litter seems to be the #1 hate of anglers the country wide - seems odd that many leave so much of it!!!!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.