a ban on holidays?

barry luxton

Sorry mate but you are back to posting hogwash again. My own father and his before him were both farm workers. Farm workers get there holidays when they are told they can have them, they can't just book a fortnights holiday whenever you like, and you are extremely unlikely to be given holidays during either the Easter Holidays (that would be lambing season) or the Summer Holidays (far to close to harvest). I used to have my summer holidays at one of my aunt's, but my parents would not have been there. The family holidays we did have were spent in Hame'l'daeme, with perhaps the odd day trip to Largs or a sail "Doon the Water" on a paddle steamer, namely the Waverley.

Okay, Cory I concede to your point as it is sound. My hogwash was well and truly undermined.... ;)

I will change my statement to Most Professions.

@ Chesters---my 13 year old wants to be an architect. Hardly a useless profession.

However, I do agree there are many people out there with useless qualifications that in all events will never be used.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry, your a Tory, you should know what an inset day is. It was cooked up by a one Mr Kenneth Baker along with someone called Mrs Thatcher. Remember them? This was in 1988 when they were setting up the National Curriculum. Teachers are REQUIRED BY STATUTE to have 5 Baker Days (as they are formally known) each year.

Huh, am i? :D Can't stand the wet who we have at present, he's more of a drip. And that ain't my quote. :lol: Gotcha. :P

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Huh, am i? :D Can't stand the wet who we have at present, he's more of a drip. And that ain't my quote. :lol: Gotcha. :P
That doesn't get you off the hook on not knowing who dreamt up inset days. It's not just old Tories like yourself that have short political memories. One of my (Old) Labour type chums was waffling the other day about how important "Care in the Community" is. When I asked him if he was such a ready supporter of the concept when it was dreamt up by Maggie and introduced by a Tory government he went all quiet.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

So what happens if your in employment as a nurse or in the hospitality/retail industry or driving the buses, there will be many more i'm sure.

They all don't get normal holidays so are they expected to miss out on having a holiday with their kids.

Cheers Fred

So what if you are a school teacher who can't afford a full price family holiday in the peak period, what are they supposed to do? Throw a two week sicky as soon as they get back to work and break the law to boot by keeping their kids off school? Your special pleading don't cut no ice with me. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Now,

In my estimation it would be a crying shame if a lad or lass did not take an unauthorized holliday if they - - - - - - """my 13 year old wants to be an architect."""

Mundane academics may suffer but It's my experience wants and desires in the arts is either reinforced or forgotten during such encounters. What you are looking for is motivation. Genius is rarely accompanied by "well rounded".

Phone

When you have children your own needs become secondary.

In any Industry you can choose your Holiday to coincide with school holidays. Not many have fixed holidays.

You get 28 days + Bank Holidays.

If a parent wants to pull children out of school to go on holiday I say their choice but personally I feel that a parents job is to do the best possible for their child[ren] and a holiday in school time is not necessary.

My priority is to make sure my children achieve the very best they can from school to help them be the very best they can be as adults. TBH I wish my parents had done this for me but they were the opposite.

When you have children your own needs become secondary.Sorry but i've got to disagree with this.

My opinion is that you have to bring your kids up to be aware of what the real world is like and yes a good education is whats needed but so is learning that

there are times when the rules need to be altered to suit the circumstances.

Things must have changed in the UK since i lived there, for holiday we got the last week in July first week August and two weeks at Christmas.

TBH I wish my parents had done this for me but they were the opposite.

Opposite they might have been but judging by the tone and content of your posts they did something right.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

So what if you are a school teacher who can't afford a full price family holiday in the peak period, what are they supposed to do? Throw a two week sicky as soon as they get back to work and break the law to boot by keeping their kids off school? Your special pleading don't cut no ice with me.

The teachers go on stress leave and have their holidays. :rolleyes: dont they. That way they still get paid

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Okay, Cory I concede to your point as it is sound. My hogwash was well and truly undermined.... ;)

I will change my statement to Most Professions.

@ Chesters---my 13 year old wants to be an architect. Hardly a useless profession.

However, I do agree there are many people out there with useless qualifications that in all events will never be used.

even i was surprised as there over 3000 different GCSE "subjects" even more surprising any still exist as most employers only recognise NVQ? including councils according to a snippet i heard on TV yesterday ,i think my hard fought for C&G's are long forgotten today

any employer worth his salt will grab a school leaver and train them to do the job and never reward them with any qualifications they can use outside of where they work ,they then have a highly trained worker without any means of leaving or the means to threaten employers for higher wages or they leave and go elsewhere

unfortunately Architechs has one problem if there's nothing to design then there's no need for architects ,best to have more than one string in your bow in uncertain times ;)

the trouble is when the gov sees a preference for NVQ's they will be given away and devalued like all the rest

teaching (although i couldnt do it without physical violence to the first lippy student) cannot be that bad my near neighbour was a deputy headmaster now long retired who can heat his shed continually using 2.5 kw ,have 3 500watt lights running continually in his garden and change both his cars every year :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The teachers go on stress leave and have their holidays. :rolleyes: dont they. That way they still get paid
It's attitudes like that towards teachers that keeps me from being a teacher.

i think my hard fought for C&G's are long forgotten today
Not at all chesters.

http://www.cityandguilds.com/uk-home.html