a ban on holidays?

barry luxton

I think this is a bit harsh and draconian to say the least, due to the fact that the holiday companies on purpose double or triple the cost of a family holiday outside of term times. As well as air fares etc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/19...%26pLid%3D97045

Bit of a government defence here or are they testing the water, quote: A Department for Education spokeswoman said: "This is a leak and we are not commenting on a leak."

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that in term holidays seriously affect your childs education.

If you want your child to succeed why rip them out of school for up to 2 weeks?

The only reason holiday prices rise is because people are dumb enough to pay for them.

If you want a cheap holiday don't book one for a year. As the demand drops so will prices.

People have the power.

The only reason holiday prices rise is because people are dumb enough to pay for them.

If you want a cheap holiday don't book one for a year. As the demand drops so will prices.

People have the power.

and what about people who for some reason can't holiday during the school holidays? I'm soon going to be working at an airport, and have already been told to forget going on holiday during the busy times - AKA school holidays. Does that mean my kids don't get a family holiday again until they are 18 ??

And yes they should first stop the holiday companies from ripping off parents with the price doubling for the 6 weeks holidays, for a lot of people this means the choice is a cheap term time holiday or no holiday at all!!

Mat

Edited by Mat Hillman

Mat

Just reading the comments under that article with people getting upset about prices being highest when demand is highest... Erm, yes...

I'm sure something could be done to provide heads with some flexibility. I wonder how much of a problem it really is compared to persistent truant and parents who don't give a damn?

Steve,

I'm with you. I'd like to see a GPA comparative estimate or statement on the "two" groups. In my community there was a "mandatory" holliday (if that is what it was to be called) if you father raised tobacco. During harvest your 'holliday" was 12 hrs a day in the field. On the university level I wonder what they call time away for star athletes.

Phone

Just reading the comments under that article with people getting upset about prices being highest when demand is highest... Erm, yes...

I'm sure something could be done to provide heads with some flexibility. I wonder how much of a problem it really is compared to persistent truant and parents who don't give a damn?

I think Steves on the ball here. Parents who care enough to take their kids on holiday are not the problem. IMO

in the article it say "4.5 million days of schooling are missed by pupils going on holidays " So how many kids are there at school ?

It sounds a great deal of time lost when you only supply one set of figures

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I think Steves on the ball here. Parents who care enough to take their kids on holiday are not the problem. IMO

in the article it say "4.5 million days of schooling are missed by pupils going on holidays " So how many kids are there at school ?

It sounds a great deal of time lost when you only supply one set of figures

Over a decade ago now we took my partners boy out of school for a week to go to Australia around Christmas ...only time my other half could get the time off,made you feel like a crim and yet many of the long term truants in James year nothing ever happened to....same old same old break a rule once shoot em ....re offend all the time nothing .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

People have the power.

Here ya go Now there's a.........

I copied one of the comments below the article for you to have a look at. Perhaps you might suggest something to discount what has been posted? what about the rise in agency, supply cover, due to absent teachers, that would be a starting point perhaps. :thumbs:

quote:

My daughter is in year 13 (upper 6th form) and studying for her final A levels, yet even at this most important time,lesso­ns are frequently cancelled due to teachers suddenly not being available for one reason or another.

And why one earth do schools give two and a half weeks holiday during Easter which is a religious 4 day holiday???

And what exactly is an "inset" day??? because along with these we also have "teacher training days".

Seems to me that pupils can miss out on many hours/days­/weeks of education if it suits the teacher/sc­hool and it all seems to be very one sided in favour of the school.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As anybody ever thought that a lot parents just dont have the cash to take the kids on holiday when its school holidays to me its just another example of a goverment who are completly out of touch with reality many people are struggleing like mad everything is going through the roof in prices beleive me a lot parents will resent this move very strongly its a cant see the wood for the trees again.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

My next door neighbour is a deputy head and she has a lot of sympathy regarding this. She personally doesn't punish parents who take their children out of school for a family holiday as their are usually very good reasons as described above. However, she knows quite a few others that will report the parents as it's easy pickings.

She says that most schools won't deal with the persistent offenders as it takes a lot more effort on their part whereas the the people that take their kids on holiday are relatively easy to deal with. As with much in this country at the moment, the relatively law abiding citizens get punished for one transgression and the frequent offenders are left alone.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"