weirdest bait you have tryed?

Pondstar*

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soap - pieces of a bar of Ivory Soap - for catfish. Worked pretty well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Whilst skinny dipping we caught small fish (we would call them minnows) by wiggling your willy. They would attack the loose skin on your scrotum.

Phone

Newt's right and Ivory is the first "popup" I believe I ever used since it floats.

Whilst skinny dipping we caught small fish (we would call them minnows) by wiggling your willy. They would attack the loose skin on your scrotum.

Phone

Did you pop it up?

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

As boys, when we were running out of bait at a local pond that only held perch we'd kill one and use parts of it for bait.

Strangely, the EYEBALLS were best!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

As boys, when we were running out of bait at a local pond that only held perch we'd kill one and use parts of it for bait.

Strangely, the EYEBALLS were best!

Can't remember who wrote it or where, but I once read of a Perch foul-hooked in the eye, the eye stayed on the hook, the Perch was returned and re-caught moments later when it took the hook which was dangling in the water complete with eyeball.

@Pondstar : Nothing weird about Peperami as bait; it's a good bait for Barbel, (and probably most other cyprinids) especially useful for hair-rigging if eels are a problem when using luncheon meat.

Did you pop it up?

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by ayjay

You crack me up phone. That is hilarious. Maybe that will be the new thing at wingham this year. I believe that may be why we saw a picture of budgie up to his neck in water not long back. He wasnt getting Andrews fish he was angling for one of his own :lol:

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Cheese puffs, a tesco own brand which is kind of like a wotsit but round, i tried one for surface fishing for carp but didnt catch anything.

A mate uses cheerios for surface baits, he claims they stay on the hook for longer, and he's had some success with it too.

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Guest Chris Perch

Dont know if this counts - No bait at all bare hook! caught a carp a few years ago.

Put my float in the water Opened my flask and the rod was nearly dragged in.

hooked in the mouth too!

Lol :thumbs:

Edited by Chris Perch