The anglers net regulars....

Dave H

Dales makes some very good points actually, I'd agree with most of that.

What I enjoy most is reading catch reports and the highs and lows of people's fishing adventures, but the 'how dare you do that' brigade usually pop up to tell us off about something or other. I had some great adventures with the reservoir zander last autumn but I knew exactly what response I'd get if I did a catch report so I saved myself the hassle and didn't bother <_<

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: what a grump I am

Yes, you are :P :P :P :P :P :P

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

but I knew exactly what response I'd get if I did a catch report so I saved myself the hassle and didn't bother <_<

Well you shouldnt be fishing for invasive non native species then should you :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

And yes Dales you are a grump :D

EDIT: Just kidding

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Well you shouldnt be fishing for invasive non native species then should you :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

I know, especially not using flourocarbon so I get bitten off by pike and fishing 50ft+ down so the zanders' swim bladder blows up out of their throat and their eyes pop out of their head :o As for perch fishing without wire (in the autumn too), sleeping while fishing, not always carrying an unhooking mat, well...there's not much I dare post about!

Worst of all, I once fished a DOWNSTREAM nymph. Oh, the humanity!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

There are too many people who don't seem to be able to find their own way in life. They want someone else to fill in their benefit claims forms, council house applications, etc, etc.

Quite a sweeping generalisation, don't you think? What about those with busy lives, who don't have the option to spend half their time on the riverbank or have the time for endless experimenting? Can you tell them apart from the "losers and scroungers" ? Would you deny them the benefit of your experience?

Am I the only one to find this offensive?

I'm a sh*t-hot gardener (hence the forum nickname). I've won prizes for my gardens, and I'm held in high regard. Because of this I get a stream of would-be horticulturalists beating a path to my door, some of whom never seem to learn and ask the same old questions time after time. Regardless of this I treat them all with patience and good humour. I wouldn't dream of bad mouthing any of them, either to their face or behind their back.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned tolerance, in my humble opinion.

Edited by robtherake

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Quite a sweeping generalisation, don't you think? What about those with busy lives, who don't have the option to spend half their time on the riverbank or have the time for endless experimenting? Can you tell them apart from the "losers and scroungers" ? Would you deny them the benefit of your experience?

Am I the only one to find this offensive?

It is an opinion based on dealing with such people. And it doesn't take much, if any longer, time to interrogate Google as pose a question on a forum. And notice I said 'far too many people', not everyone.

Regards, Clive

It is an opinion based on dealing with such people. And it doesn't take much, if any longer, time to interrogate Google as pose a question on a forum. And notice I said 'far too many people', not everyone.

Point taken, but you can't have a chat or discussion with Google.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Point taken, but you can't have a chat or discussion with Google.

Exactly...lots of the business conducted here could be done via search engines, but then we wouldn't need forums, with the subjective touch.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I'm a sh*t-hot gardener (hence the forum nickname). I've won prizes for my gardens, and I'm held in high regard. Because of this I get a stream of would-be horticulturalists beating a path to my door, some of whom never seem to learn and ask the same old questions time after time. Regardless of this I treat them all with patience and good humour. I wouldn't dream of bad mouthing any of them, either to their face or behind their back.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned tolerance, in my humble opinion.

Fantastic, tips please on keeping underground slugs from ruining my potatoe crop. I put my maincrop in today lashing lots of wood and coal ash laced with pellets, last year I grew what looked like fine big 'taters, but they were almost all drilled through by slugs.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"