Pandering to an intolerant minority?

Steve Walker

what all of them :o ,i cant see every moslem losing any trade at all its not in their nature i expect.

pop round to them one by one and make a list ,i cant see our local moslem run franchise refusing to sell anything the company tells them ,is gambling a sin in the koran do they sell scratchcards?

Oh yes, and the lottery, and the top shelf books, and non halal meats.

Looks like the lure of hard cash money is stronger that the Qu'Ran

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what all of them :o ,i cant see every moslem losing any trade at all its not in their nature i expect.

pop round to them one by one and make a list ,i cant see our local moslem run franchise refusing to sell anything the company tells them ,is gambling a sin in the koran do they sell scratchcards?

No chesters none of the Moslem ran Asian shops that I use sell pig products nor lottery tickets. Of course there may be Moslem ran shops in other quarters of the city who sell both, but the ones I use certainly don't. The one that I visit most often is not ran by a Pakistani, the proprietor is an old Iranian bloke, proper nice chap too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

probably ,but for a short while until some disappear so the minority is somewhat less

i read somewhere 40,000 disappear

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/a...-visa-interview

i think its time all overseas students were barred it may be better concentrating on our own first

The problem with that Chesters is that the Universities make most of their money from foreign students. They pay quite a high premium for coming over here and using the Universities. I can't remember where I saw this figure but foreign students are charged something like triple the amount a UK based student is to study at the same university.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

The problem with that Chesters is that the Universities make most of their money from foreign students. They pay quite a high premium for coming over here and using the Universities. I can't remember where I saw this figure but foreign students are charged something like triple the amount a UK based student is to study at the same university.

i have seen it myself when i worked in the electronics labs it was over 90% foreign ,now the dept is bigger for home grown students perhaps its bigger?

the opposite was found in the "easier" departments ,media and the rest were full of home grown students.

with foreign students they generally have no cars so less parking spaces are needed and the local employers overwhelmed by potential cheap labour! for everyone but home grown students life is good.

on the other hand why are foreign students attending badly funded ,grossly understaffed and whos equiptment can date back decades is beyond me :blink:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I work and live amongst Muslims who all think this idea is ridiculous and rather than furtehring understanding and mutual tolerance will lead to more Islamophobia.. One has a daughter studiying at this university who has no problem goin g for a drink (albeit a soft one) with her beer drinking collegues.

Also worth pointing out that he Koran stipulates that when in a non-Muslim country, Muslims, while staying true to and practicing their faith, should respect and abide by the customs of the host nation.

According to my workmates (and me!) this is just another example of albeit well-meaning PC white Liberals, terrified of being thought racist or discriminatory, promoting practices and policies that have the exact opposite effect.

I work and live amongst Muslims who all think this idea is ridiculous and rather than furtehring understanding and mutual tolerance will lead to more Islamophobia.. One has a daughter studiying at this university who has no problem goin g for a drink (albeit a soft one) with her beer drinking collegues.

Also worth pointing out that he Koran stipulates that when in a non-Muslim country, Muslims, while staying true to and practicing their faith, should respect and abide by the customs of the host nation.

According to my workmates (and me!) this is just another example of albeit well-meaning PC white Liberals, terrified of being thought racist or discriminatory, promoting practices and policies that have the exact opposite effect.

The voice of reason ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Excellent post.