Oi! That's OUR MP!

Leon Roskilly

Perhaps we should Slodger! Perhaps we should :D:D .

But it all boils down to whether we, as anglers, wish to be associated with them. Do we wish to be tarred with the same brush? I don't think so, Angling is Angling. We are being abused, plain & simple.

Hey, Jim, no comments!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

BTW What a classic faux pas, "sportsman":

"For the record, I am not and never have been a member or supporter of the CA.. but I did march with them twice and would do so again.."

...and that's the second time you've said that!! :D:D

"Sportsman"- you know nothing about angling. It's more than a bit of salmon fishing at the weekend, you know. It's obviously passed you by, but there are two other types of angling, which the vast majority of anglers partake in: coarse and sea fishing. Neither of these is a "field sport", no matter how many CA supporters say so. You and your ilk are just trying to hijack those pastimes, to further your own foxhunting agenda.

I'll give you the same advice I gave your CA comrade, "slodger": go away and do some reading.. a LOT of reading. Then, next time you go "covert", you won't be so obvious.. :D

Admit it Graham... you're warming to me aint ya?? :D

Unfortunately the nearest I've come to a 'Silver Tourist' was when slipping the landing net under one for a bloke trotting prawns under a Dibber just above the Railway pool on the Royalty. I'd love to experience being attached to just one of those bars of silver fury myself one day! Other than that I'll fish for anything from Sticklebacks to Garfish. My favourite species, at least, in recent seasons would probably be pike. There's a few links below to some fish pics. BTW my name is Chris Hammond (At least that's my CA cover name. demon )

Anyone ever tell you.... You're as mad as a Mongoose!! :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Peter's right "angling is angling". Alining ourselves due to the fear we're next on the list ( perhaps we are ) does not mean we should be in bed with the CA.

Our sport needs support, support comes from active anglers, . . for the future we need to introduce new young anglers and let them discover what we already know, which is why we're out there in all weathers. Remember ... active anglers vote, many voters with a particular passion scare the politicians.

Not that the lot in power at present seem worried about riding rough shod over the general public's opinion.

Andrew Boyd

Perhaps it's just the red wine I've just downed getting me talking . .

Grahame . . perhaps if there had been a picture of a decent Gray Mullet ?

Andrew Boyd

So, you confuse honesty with a faux par.

I marched to protest against a government which was happy to ride roughshod over the civil liberties of anyone who disagreed with them. Recent events would appear to support this view.

I would march again for the same reason.

As for the CA I think that they are an irrelevance, as is our "spokesperson on shooting and angling" and most of the paranoid B.S. I read on here.

Should the CA be campaigning against the tories? of course, although the Tories didn't have an anti fieldsports manifesto, nor did they receive massive contributions from the League Against Cruel Sports!

Yes I think angling is under threat, not from goverment or even from outfits like PETA or The League Against Cruel Sports. It is in danger from wooly hatted wooly thinking liberal (with a small L)tree hugging do gooders in town halls up and down the country and you head in the sand "I'm all right Jack" types are going to let it happen.

For the record, I started to fish for coarse fish as a kid and have fished for every type of fish imaginable ever since, including sea fish, coarse fish (when they were wild) and game fish. I would back my experience against anyone here.

Graham, I can forgive your ignorance, I can even forgive your rudeness, what I can't forgive is the fact that your boring. I am too old and have too few years left to worry about the opinions of [edited]like you. Please be quiet when the grownups are talking

Well I am off to crawl back under my stone

Dave

[ 13. March 2005, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: John S ]

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

You got to laugh! [Edited to remove the naughty word] :D:D:D !

Dave, re civil liberties and the Tories. Well, ask the steel workers and the miners, ask the small businessmen crippled by Maggie. I would suggest that their civil liberties were more than ridden over rough shod.

But we are a long way from angling now. Personally I don't see the hunting bans as a civil liberty issue, no more so than it being illegal to mug little old ladies. We live in a civilised society. Society sets limits of acceptable behaviour, that is what makes us civilised.

[ 13. March 2005, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: John S ]