Oi! That's OUR MP!

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost Graham! Confronted with the evidence there is little left to say :D .

Politics has become part of angling, regretfully. There have been one or two digs of late on the non angling chat forum, mainly aimed at Labour voters. A quick search will reveal a tad of hypocrisy!

But politics is here to stay, and its not of most anglers choice I might add. But we have become a political weapon, and who should we blame for that?

Alan Stubbs:

Alan Stubbs:

The CA have shown, with singular clarity, just where Angling, and democracy, stands. The Countryside Alliance is an affront to Angling in my honest opinion, and this episode shows just why. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I will read the various apologies that many posters on here owe you with interest.

As they say in London 'Big respec'!'

Thanks Alan, appreciated.

You Boys can squabble politics all you like. I don't like the Tories, but I'm not going to vote for a man who LIED to get us in a war that is costing us lives! I'm going to vote Lib Dem - They have it all to prove. If they get it wrong.....Bye Bye Libdems. If they get it right, then they are the party of the future - I think they WILL listen to the people!!

[ 11. March 2005, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest sslatter

Whatever happened to "sportsman"? :D

BTW They ALL lie, kleinboet. Do you know how you can tell when a politician's lying?

You can see his lips move..

[ 11. March 2005, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Graham. X ]

so was this all a big fuss about an old story.

All i can say is that regardless of when that came out, if there are those in the CA who had the idea, or will intentionally target Martin Salter during the Election, specifically because he voted for the Hunting Ban in a free vote ( no whipping), then how can those same people claim to represent angling ?

Surely if they claim to represent Angling they should be tackling him on those issues no ?.

The sole reason Angling has become political is because the CA has made it so, and now the ordinary decent anglers are fighting back because we're f*cked off with these morons claiming they represent us.

They don't - 3 million plus anglers. 300,000 fox-hunters. End of.

GB

[ 11. March 2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: guernseybass ]

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "

Guest sslatter

The only "angling" they could ever hope to "represent" would be game fishing.. you know, the fishing they mean when they use that time-honoured traditional lie/phrase "Hunting, shooting, and fishing."

The zealots among them neither know nor care about coarse fishing, and never did. A coarse fish was, and still is, vermin to them. Only the salmon and trout count. What obfuscated the issue was those coarse fishermen who got entwined in the whole CA farce, misguidedly and foolishly thinking they were doing the right thing for coarse fishing..

They weren't...

As an irregular poster and occasional 'looker in' it strikes me that the majority of people posting on this thread, from either school of thought, are no longer capable of discussing the issue rationally. That seems apparent by the emotive and vitiolic nature of some of the language being used. You've obviously had some bitter rows about the subject in the past. Perhaps in rounding on me for making this observation, some degree of harmony may be restored amongst you..... :-)

For my part I don't believe the validity of the CA, in terms of it's potential to benefit angling, is quite such a black or white issue. I have mixed views on Foxhunting and probably, in all honesty, wouldn't choose to oppose a ban. However it's my firm belief that not to oppose such a ban is to concede a little further ground in the 'eternal' war. If you honestly believe that at no stage in the future will angling be subjected to the same scrutiny, then I believe you are seriously misguided.

I share many of the concerns that others have listed too regarding allegiance to the CA. I certainly don't profess to have all of the answers, however I cannot help but be impressed with the level of support they managed to rally during the london marches. Would any of our multitude of disjointed angling political groups manage such support? I doubt it.

And surely fox hunting is only one of any number of critical issues, facing the rural community, that the CA sets out to champion isn't it?

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Guest sslatter

Well.. if Foxhunting is the main "critical issue" that they concern themselves with, I think that says a million words about them..and you "slodger"..

What are these other "critical issues" that they concern themselves with? Zilch..

They're very quick to jump on a bandwagon and suddenly aver that they support this, that and the other, but come on.. their only itinerary is the continuation of their "sport"- foxhunting with hounds..

.. and slodger.. if you take the trouble to search and read back, you'll soon see why your sudden posts engender suspicion: we've been there before, seen loads of posters like you, who post the same thing over and over again..

..and when their arguments have all been rebuffed, they disappear..

..and then later, along comes another newbie with the same tripe..

..and it all starts again..

You see slodger, most anglers are not stupid, and see right through the political machinations of the CA and its activists, who content themselves with trying to split anglers, and in particular, coarse anglers, down the middle..

Well, hearteningly, there are many more anglers out there who won't get fooled..

'.. and slodger.. if you take the trouble to search and read back, you'll soon see why your sudden posts engender suspicion: we've been there before, seen loads of posters like you, who post the same thing over and over again..'

By posters like me Graham do you mean people from outside of your little clique that have different opinions? I promise you an overbearing bigot like you won't see me disappear from any debate I might find myself in!

Perhaps you'd like to re-read my post and digest it a little longer.

'You see slodger, most anglers are not stupid, and see right through the political machinations of the CA and its activists, who content themselves with trying to split anglers, and in particular, coarse anglers, down the middle..'

That's little more than paranoid ranting.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'