Oi! That's OUR MP!

Leon Roskilly

Dear Chaps,

Barbie does not turn. Merely sees what is in front of his face. And unlike some, I don't have one single political party persuasion. I am not pro nor anti CA either, just observe their antics from either afar or via local contacts that keep me informed.

Look at this thread and all will see CLEARLY that the CA has once again managed to successfully suck angling into "their" agendas. When will you guys ever learn?

Thanks for your post Mike and I "DO" see your point. However, guys like David and Terry should NOT be contributing to a news release which "was" intended to support Martin Salter "against" the activities of the CA regarding his parliamentary seat. In short Mike, the whole release was labour party propaganda against the CA and two of our own misguidedly jumped aboard it in support for a "labour" MP and "SUPPORTED QUITE OPENLY" the desire for Martin to retain his "LABOUR" held seat. Now if that’s not a blatant admission of being supportive of a labour MP and his election campaign then I don't know what is!

This was a political gaff Mike. We both know angling should not be going down this sort of road. Martin may well be a nice bloke and truly believe in the future of our sport but he is none the less, a government representative that will come and go. We on the other hand remain and therefore have to deal with ALL political party's as they pass through their terms in office. Its "crucial" that we remain neutral in our dealings with politicians by NOT get embroiled in their party political squabbling. Christ we've got enough of those to sort out in our own tent without moving our wigwams into their camps?

You and I both know Mike that this whole saga revolves around the Tories against Labour in the battle for marginal seats. The CA is a front for part of this seedy battle because it’s hoped CA can drag "angling" into very tight marginal voting ploys. So in step David and Terry and bingo! CA gets us sucked in once again! We should NOT be going any where near this.

Labour is desperate to retain as many of its marginally held seats it can. The Tories are equally as desperate to gain them back. Take Labours marginally held seats away and you destroy labours power even if it DOES win the next election. Guys like uncle x don't understand the wider implications Mike but you do. That’s why we need to keep well out of this.

Peter, you gloat gleefully over your cracker of an issue without realising you place the future of your sport well down below your party political affiliations which are obviously driving your anti CA campaign. Do you actually know what’s going off here? Do you actually care?

Getting embroiled in this shabby affair will do angling no long term favours. The CA does not speak for national angling but remains highly capable of luring us into its Tory based campaigns. You are especially easy to lure into keeping the CA internet profile up as you've become a "stool pigeon" for the CA without even realising it!! Keep up the good work Peter as you are doing a sterling job at promoting the CA's profile.

Uncle Xenophobia doesn't understand the issues. Bit like the bloke behind Uncles mask. Anyone worked out who he is yet? Pete Waller’s in for a shock.

Regards,

Lee.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

:D:D:D

Nice to see barbie back towing the party line..

..throwing his little grenades of lies and deceit..

Come on barbie.. there's a book running on you, you know.. I've actually backed you..

How long will it be before you ever post anything about angling?

Don't let me down, now..

'Wrong Lee, completely wrong. My anti CA stance is not politically driven in anyway.'

You certainly had me fooled Peter.

Graham,

Do you have anything to add to the debate other than insults or 'clever' innuendoes? Why not elaborate on the, 'lies and deceit' that you accuse Lee of making? It might help some of us to understand the true implications of supporting the CA or otherwise.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Guest sslatter

Other than what's been said here a million times already? No.

Have you absolutely anything new to add, other than deliberate trolling and flaming, and proselytising for your beloved CA? No.

You're just another deluded CA supporter who thinks he can creep in here, under the guise of an "angler", and not get spotted..

You'll have to do much better than that, you know. :D

Well I guess any response is a start. I'll take it that you have no better understanding of this issue than I have. If anyone takes the trouble to check out the link I posted earlier they'll know, as I'm sure you must, that I'm not, as of yet, a CA supporter. The fact that you won't enter into a reasonable discussion, but would rather make clever snipes seems to bare out my feelings that you actually don't know anything about the issue at all.

Care to prove me wrong?

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Slodger, I am not a traditional, lifetime supporter of the Labour Party. At the moment I do not believe that there is a viable alternative but should one become available then I might review where my X goes!

My revulsion of the CA is based on my love of angling. No hidden agendas, sorry!

'No..'

I didn't think so Graham.

Peter,

Fair enough, but you've made continual remarks on both here and the PnP forum about how gleeful it makes you feel that the Tories are getting, as you described it, some of their own medicine. No problem to me, I have been a lifelong supporter of the Labour party. It's hardly what might be described as a 'non political' stance though is it?

I find the political wrangling within angling quite worrying myself. I'm sure a lot of anglers, if put to the test, would see their allegiance in political terms as an even bigger issue than angling. Why corner people into choosing between their party or their favourite passtime?

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Guest sslatter

Hah! :D

Now, I'm not saying you're a moron or anything, but you do display the most moronic of behaviour:

You turn up here avowing no personal agenda, and then all you do is proceed to spew out the usual CA political propaganda, all designed to engender support for your beloved CA..and bugger angling..

..and you think that nobody will notice..

Pathetic. :D