Ok Then What is this?

dant

Interesting one this. It was posted on another forum as part of an ID thread and incited several comments.

Caught from the River Ribble a while back weighing, I think 2lb 13oz. Not by me I might add...

I thought I knew straight away what it was but was apparently wrong. I'm still not totally 100% convinced, although the back story seems fair enough...

Over to you...

post-11042-1339686551_thumb.jpg

Edited by dant

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have to say an Ide. Never had one out of the ribble myself though. Maybe I should inspect the chub more closely as I catch countless smaller ones.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Roach/chub hybrid? Can they hybridise?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

I guess it could also be a roach/chub hybrid but pretty much impossible to prove now.

Roach/chub hybrid? Can they hybridise?

I believe so but it is said to be more rare in a river.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

My immediate thought was the same as the other guys. Roach/Chub hybrid (not that I've ever seen one!)

I've just had a peek at The Complete Book of the Roach by Dr. Mark Everard, which confirms that they do hybridise with Chub as well as Bleak!

"....you should have been here yesterday!"