neanderthals

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I can't resist.

Here's a nice little video from

If nothing else, he's always entertaining.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Oh, I can't resist.

Here's a nice little video from

If nothing else, he's always entertaining.

Interesting viewing, thanks.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Ken L,

Well that settles it for me.

Phone

Settles what ?

Other than that "stool sample" has now been added to your list of available insults.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken L,

You said - - Exactly what I said to myself.

After watching it twice (I really enjoyed it) I believe it said, "yes - - - no - - - - maybe" to about any question you would like to pose. (Or, it is so far beyond me I just sat there and watched like a glassy eyed pimp.) I lke words like "mayonnaise" (about as big a word as I know).

Phone

eh do gays have souls :D and yes you are decended from dinosaurs or little mammals about at the same time,its the "claw" bit ;) .

Theres no reason not to say varied human types interbred in the past (we could then have traits from them),the actual "human" part of our DNA is tiny and probably not (perhaps at the moment) accurate enough to point out particular strains of pre human.

The out of africa "evidence" is tiny theres nothing to say in a few years a beach in bognor (well perhaps not bognor) will provide a host of old bones older than the ones used in the african scenario ,we already have the oldest remains in europe (at the moment) who is to not say life was "out of bognor" with our lot slowly retreating in one of our many ice ages and dying from heat exhaustion in africa where a leaky counterpart could say theve found evidence of yet another family of pre humans and as they were found in africa then (wrongly) they were on a stroll north

theres always been talk of nasty humans (strange all not nice because if they were there might be more evidence as they would pose for pictures) to frighten kids or more probably to frighten adults away from something others may have found that they may not want to share.

one for the god lot ,if god made us in his image (not ready the bible for decades) is that to say we look like him (and him us) ,but what about colour ? not just that simple we know from the story god made the sky and the little lights in it but if a octopus shaped alien turned up ? did he make that? if that alien knows of a god it must be our god (as ours made everything) but although the lights in the night sky are mentioned theres nothing about what may live up there ,god is either not alone ,a liar or just plain forgetful ,a strange thing for something infallible :o it could be explained away with the aliens being "animals" but if our god is their god in turn we must be the animals in their bible

I suggest you read the Origin of the Species from cover to cover.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It's unlikely he ever heard of them. Even if he did, it's unlikely that he would have made any sweeping statements as both the religious fervor of the time and the prospect of loosing his wife's fortune caused him to be remarkably silent on matters of human origins - he left his readers to work that one out for themselves.

1829: Neanderthal skulls were discovered in Engis, in present-day Belgium.

1848: Neanderthal skull Gibraltar 1 found in Forbes' Quarry, Gibraltar. Called "an ancient human" at the time.

1856: Johann Karl Fuhlrott first recognized the fossil called "Neanderthal man", discovered in Neanderthal, a valley near Mettmann in what is now North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.

1859: Book "On the Origin of Species" published.

1880: The mandible of a Neanderthal child was found in a secure context and associated with cultural debris, including hearths, Mousterian tools, and bones of extinct animals.

1882: Darwn Dies.

1886: Two nearly perfect skeletons of a man and woman were found at Spy, Belgium at the depth of 16 ft with numerous Mousterian-type implements.

1899: Hundreds of Neanderthal bones were described in stratigraphic position in association with cultural remains and extinct animal bones.

1908: A nearly complete Neanderthal skeleton was discovered in association with Mousterian tools and bones of extinct animals.

1925: Francis Turville-Petre finds the 'Galilee Man' or 'Galilee Skull' in the Zuttiyeh Cave in Wadi Amud in Palestine (now Israel).

1953–1957: Ralph Solecki uncovered nine Neanderthal skeletons in Shanidar Cave in northern Iraq.

1975: Erik Trinkaus's study of Neanderthal feet confirmed they walked like modern humans.

Darwin was not a one-hit-wonder Ken.

The Descent of Man, and Selection in Relation to Sex, 1871

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Must admit i saw some rather unsavory Neanderthals in a well used resort in Spain,

I watched in amazement as they kicked a drunkard about on the road, i then watched as they circled the tramp and then proceeded to urinate over him. I was also amazed at two young chaps afraid to go out because of a sever beating they took from a gang of Neanderthals with very large belt buckles used as a weapon, because they were chatting with two English girls. I was amazed at a car driving up and down the main street firing a gun at the glass shelter bus stops. I was amazed at groups of thugs dropping their short/jeans/trousers to defecate on peoples cars. And then beating a car owner up for confronting them. And every morning after a night in the all night disco abusing holiday makers with threats of violence.

Must have been very well educated English Neanderthals because they spoke perfect Spanish

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I suggest you read the Origin of the Species from cover to cover.

what and find out someone elses opinion differs from mine :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson