neanderthals

yes you can believe what you like but facts are very hard to find ,challenging them hopefully is what science is about
Absolutely but if you believe what %99.99999 of what those actually working in the field don't believe, then you lose, big time, every time.

I don't care if that's with regard to Evolution, Global Warming, The Germ Theory of Disease or the Atomic Theory of Matter.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm Piltdown Man was a hoax for years, who except the Experts would know whats what , but if they can be fooled not much chance for the rest of us :rolleyes:

Why pick on a one hundred year old hoax and then use that as an argument against current day science? Does on really think that today's anthropologists or palaeontologists would fall for a similar jape? The Piltdown Man hoax was exposed by scientists. It's a shame that it took nearly 50 years for it to be exposed, but a lot of that was down to national pride and denialism. After all those damn Huns and Froggies had the best hominid fossils in Europe and British palaeontologists of the time were not about to lose their one and only fossil without a fight, goddamit!

Why, why can't the rest of us do a bit of our own research on Science stories that are reported in the press, instead of just swallowing what some reporter who most of the time these days are not qualified to comment on the issues concerned.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Of course Neanderthals still exist, and here's the proof....

Homo Neanderthalensis ssp Prescottii

imagesCAH2G85E.jpg

[Yes, I know I've used that photo before on another thread, but it's the only one of Pressy I've got on my computer (it can only take so much abuse!)]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Why pick on a one hundred year old hoax and then use that as an argument against current day science? Does on really think that today's anthropologists or palaeontologists would fall for a similar jape? The Piltdown Man hoax was exposed by scientists. It's a shame that it took nearly 50 years for it to be exposed, but a lot of that was down to national pride and denialism. After all those damn Huns and Froggies had the best hominid fossils in Europe and British palaeontologists of the time were not about to lose their one and only fossil without a fight, goddamit!

Why, why can't the rest of us do a bit of our own research on Science stories that are reported in the press, instead of just swallowing what some reporter who most of the time these days are not qualified to comment on the issues concerned.

because in 99.99% of cases we have no route to the evidence used .we merely listen to hearsay and conjecture both in "papers" and the press ,for instance the bones used in the out of africa scenario ,can you or anyone else go back in time to see the actual finding of evidence ,realise on the spot it IS evidence and preserve the site for a full scale "clean" (as in sterile) investigation or preserve the evidence in a totally forensic manner.

in the above case not a chance

when all the unclean research has been done its merely conjecture there is no evidence only that some bones were found ,where they were found and how they were found ,from then on its opinion.

IF you read any "paper" its definitely not going to give anything away whether in science or clinical spheres ,it will be heavily slanted ,it will probably have anything disproving it either in very small print or missing all together.

now the outside experts will take a look at the paper ,some may even be invited to look at the bones perhaps even the area they were BUT the area would be destroyed so only a vague wave of the hand will show where they were ,the bones themselves corrupted by tests and mishandling etc

so we have a pile of bones and probably a picture of them (if they realised what they were as they picked them up and popped them in a bag with all the rest of the bits and bobs) and little else

then theres the opinions ,group A say they are "human" (why not an unknown ape?) because it "may" show traits we humans have (on the other hand we have plenty of traits apes have) now if group A is powerful ,well funded and holding all the "evidence" who would the other expert agree with ,do they agree with group A and join in the grinning group on the front page of national geographica (whatever) or try to find the "original" evidence its based on to see for themself spend years trying to find fresh bones ,note the context then do their own papers knowing full well to rock the boat even if you are correct may ruin you?

now research is bloody expensive you need backers but who would take on the job of challenging the powerful with the loudest voices ,very few .

now and again as a side effect of research for one thing its found that the research brings doubt on something else ,thats when the crap hits the fan ,we see it occasionally today its called dodgy science like phones make garages explode or patients have seizures in hospitals because somebodies phone is on etc

yes bones may have been found in africa ,yes they have a slight resemblance to man (most things with long legs and short arms and a head have those) but thats it ,were the bones walking out of africa or walking into africa ,we dont know its pinion.

did a human from out of africa pop down from the chilly north and kill the bone owner? we dont know we may never know

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It must be very off putting to keep on seeing that little tattoo out the corner of your right eye mid-munch at every breakfast time.

Mrs neanderthal, yum:

HN had larger brows than found on a modern human not larger boobs.

Is it me or have they photoshopped out a rather intimate tramp stamp on the first photo ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It must be very off putting to keep on seeing that little tattoo out the corner of your right eye mid-munch at every breakfast time.

it must be very comforting knowing your always right or keeping quiet when its found out you are not

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

HN had larger brows than found on a modern human not larger boobs.

Is it me or have they photoshopped out a rather intimate tramp stamp on the first photo ?

Na, she just had one rough night apparently i would have thought. The bruising healed. :)

Bet his ears have the same.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Chesters. Yes, we get our evidence second, third or fourth hand but the facts can be checked and alternative hypothesise proposed.

Trouble is, any alternative proposal has to account for the fossil evidence that shows the oldest hominid fossils in Africa. The greatest variety of hominid species in Africa. A spread of hominid species of types, ages and locations in other parts of the world consistent with waves of out of Africa migration. The greatest human genetic diversity being in Africa with traceable genetic and morphological (racial) traits apparently matching the out of Africa hypothesis.

Now, you can propose an alternative but it has to be shown to fit the evidence as well or better than the current model of the evolution and distribution of humans.

When someone digs up a species of "Bognor man" that predate the African fossils and can propose an out of Sussex hypothesis that accounts for all of the available information then you you can overturn the current view and collect a Nobel along the way.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.