Badger cull? Right or WRONG?

Chris Goddard

THINK I gave my side away?? WRONG anyway!! NO scientific evidence to support it 1%!! And it will see the back of a LOT of rabbits and a few foxes using old setts as well. Well I will NOT be crying for them!! BUT yes I would for anything else!

I can QUITE honestly say was I asked to join the (in my mind) LOONY brigade who let go MINK and the like and stop people who REAR and spend VAST amounts of money to shoot partridge and pheasant I would join this rabble to stop just the ONE badger being killed!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

badgers are carriers of the disease but if farmers inoculated their cows there would be nothing to carry

not just badgers bovine TB can transfer to many animals including us but they are a handy scapegoat and easy to kill so it gives the impression somethings being done.

interesting...........

http://www.bovinetb.co.uk/article.php?article_id=10

on the other hand were overrun by these destructive critters but unlike foxes you cant kill the buggers when they eat your chickens ,well not infront of joe public.

we noticed when we "harvested" foxes years ago more and more earths were badgers ,it costs dogs pain as well when they squat in a historical fox earth ,where you could make a few quid selling coats now its not worth it because its more than used up in vets bills

DEFRA's strange approach of trying to vaccinate millions of wild and roaming badgers instead of hundreds of thousands of tame caged cattle is mystifying

once a large area of badgers have gone who will the farmers blame when their cattle still get it? a deer cull ,a human cull?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Watched it on the news last night, and if it help readicate bovine TB then yes, get rid of them,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Watched it on the news last night, and if it help readicate bovine TB then yes, get rid of them,

I don't know what you watched on the news last night Andrew but if it's the same old crap (ignoring the science to find a scapegoat) then you've succumbed to the Govt. line that's been spread for years.

Do you think a cull of domestic cats would be well received by the general public?.....No? but why not? Cats came highest amongst all carriers of bTB in Krebs' original report yet badgers (6th on the list) were chosen as the animals to kill....

The biggest farce is that after farmers have had their beasts destroyed they can get new stock (paid for with compensation from the taxpayer) into their pastures after three months...the bacterium can stay live in those pastures for six months. It seems that farmers, Govt., DEFRA and the rest of the Human population are so bloody thick they don't realise that this may be a bit of a problem...not to mention the vets who travel from farm to farm conducting the tests...although Krebs didn't test Humans specifically it's a historical fact, (we carry it and suffer from it if not vaccinated)...one of immense proportions, that TB has killed millions in this country and others in the past..We're largely protected against it now Because we're vaccinated. So, logic dictates we should dictate (oops!) vaccinate the cattle.

In the USA it is white-tailed deer that are the alleged vectors, in New Zealand it is possums. In Mexico they found out that it was Humans...they didn't have a Human vaccination programme and when people and families involved in cattle farming started dying of TB they soon started vaccinating the cattle and Humans. If a "developing" country such as Mexico can see the facts why are so called "developed" countries so slow on the uptake?

The answer? Easy, vaccinate all cattle with a ridiculously cheap vaccine and spend the money being wasted currently on a new test!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

BBC1 news Worms,

TBH, i dont give a toss whats being culled or not being culled, i took the report at face value.

AS FOR CULLING domestic cats, i would be happy to do that when they crap over my veggie plot, and i would also be happy to shoot filthy dog owners who let their animal crap all over the place without cleaning up after them. Now that would be nice :D

PS

Have you contacted the relevant government department with your views Worms.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

WRONG !

You don't get cart blanche to exterminate much loved native wildlife just because doing so happens to be cheaper than vaccinating livestock.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Have you contacted the relevant government department with your views Worms.

Many times, I just get fobbed off with the usual "****speak" of "we'll bear your views in mind..." Keeping millions of people happy by 'mis-educating' them is cheaper and easier than admitting that they've continued to lie to the public and farmers alike in that they've cherry-picked Krebs' original report to support a backward-thinking and damaging cull of a native animal that does more good than harm.

Oh well, I do my bit, I'm currently preparing a badger licence that will cost a private developer many tens of thousands of pounds...at least the tax from that will go towards paying for the cull rather than coming out of money that could be better spent on the NHS or the wild champagne lifestyle that our MPs are so used to :rolleyes:

Andy 1984....Yes!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!