Another mass murder

Andrew

It wouldn't be so bad if they stuck to the weapons available at the time that was written - i.e. Flintlocks. ^_^

Or if the policy had been updated in line with the advance in weapons tech. No, on second thoughts, your idea's better by far.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

Don't forget, this is ALL the British's fault. For 250 years we were loyal to the Crown. Georgie Boy imposed some pretty unfair taxes. In response to the Patriot’s defiant outburst and the destruction of British goods during the Boston Tea Party, British Parliament enacted several laws to tighten its control over the colonies. The Coercive Acts, called the Intolerable Acts by Americans, punished people in all thirteen colonies. LINE ONE, Lay down your arms!

In Sept 1774 the First Continental Congress discussed various ideas and drafted resolutions to address colonial grievances. After we disarmed our local militias, the arrogant Brits wouldn't come to our little meeting and the army dropped a HEAVY thumb on the Patroit people! The Patroit's intent was, at first, to remain British and negoiate a fair tax.

We respect some of our "heavy hitter" in history. John Adams, George Washington, Samuel Adams, and Patrick Henry were among the fifty-five members of the First Continental Congress who discussed various ideas and drafted resolutions to address colonial grievances. NO BRITS???

To disarm again would be a slap in their face.

The problem is not "gun ownership". The problem comes after some fruit basket uses one illegally.

The last guy I want to hear tell me to lay down my arms is a Brit.

Phone

Guns don't kill people correct .......... People with Guns kill people.

A few years after we banned the private ownership of hand guns a nut job got into a nursery school with a machete, despite inflicting injuries he was over powered by the teachers and no one died. in the states he would have used some semi automatic weapon and no one would have stood a chance.

Guns don't kill people correct .................. People with Guns kill people.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Guns don't kill people correct .......... People with Guns kill people.

A few years after we banned the private ownership of hand guns a nut job got into a nursery school with a machete, despite inflicting injuries he was over powered by the teachers and no one died. in the states he would have used some semi automatic weapon and no one would have stood a chance.

Guns don't kill people correct .................. People with Guns kill people.

Actually the incident your talking about happened before handguns were banned, in the years immediately following the ban on handguns in the UK firearms crime rates actually rose in number.

People kill people, its that simple, their choice in weapon however depends on many different factors.

We can all do that:

I object to violence because when it appears to do good the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent. Mahatma Gandhi (that is one for those who think teachers should be armed)

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Peter M,

Funny you should bring Gandhi up. These words came from this master of peace, Mahatma Gandhi's own mouth, "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."

Phone

When asked why the handgun ban had not resulted in fewer deaths from the use of handguns, a senior police officer answered. "We didn't expect it to".

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I have avoided even looking at this topic until now and would have continued to ignore it unless someone reported a post as being out of order. However, I was asked and will offer my opinion. I won't bother to look at follow-up comments unless I have to moderate something. If someone has already posted this then my apology.

I can't think of a single valid reason for gun control, the current situation not withstanding. I feel that it approaches the problem from the wrong end. We don't read about school shootings in Israel because unlike us, they realize they are always subject to mentally unbalanced monsters and terrorists. Their children are their most prized possessions and they protect them!

israel-guns.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

Gulp!

That's a bit much, even for ole Phone. You sure?

Phone

(What the 'ell is that school-marm carrying > looks to be an old Korean War M1 (or maybe a 30cal carbine)? At least they ought to give her a fighting chance.) [Aren't all Israeli school teachers officially in the active military?]