Another mass murder

Andrew

All,

OG is right. (unfortunately our "opinion" - OG and mine - is just that, an opinion)

FWIW Cory is right also. We have "studied" the subject ad nauseam. There is a "reasonable" consensus a correlation does not exist. Believe me, if a "link" could be proven it would be like ciggy advertising.

Our "problem", if one exists, is cultural.

Phone

Your problem, if one exists is that care of those with mental health issues sucks big time. People like Alex Jones owning any kind of firearm would worry me.

You dont fool me, thats for sure.

I never try to.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your problem, if one exists is that care of those with mental health issues sucks big time. People like Alex Jones owning any kind of firearm would worry me.

mental health in this country sucks too

Fortunately pretty much no one here has access to class 5 prohibited weapons......

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Obama is to propose that background checks be made against all gun owners. And a ban on the sale of military style assault rifles as well as a limit of 10 rounds per magazine for all weapons. That is until the all powerfull NRA gets to grips with him, he'll soon back down.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Well not legally anyway, but theres a fair few illegally held ones around

Some, but not enough yo want to face up to ARU's

Edited by Old geezer

Some, but not enough yo want to face up to ARU's

The criminals with illegally held firearms are not going to go toe to toe with ARU's not because they don't have the weapons to but because it makes no sense for them to do so, what would they have to gain from it. As an example of what is out there granades were used last year in an attack that cost the lives of two police officers & between may 2009 and march 2010 there were 7 granade incidents in mersyside alone.

Grant Wilkinson (see here http://www.policeoracle.com/news/MAC-10-Gunsmith-Jailed-For-Life_17130.html) alone was responsible for putting an estimated 90 weapons (converted MAC 10 submachine guns) onto the streets.

Edited by snakey1

The criminals with illegally held firearms are not going to go toe to toe with ARU's not because they don't have the weapons to but because it makes no sense for them to do so, what would they have to gain from it. As an example of what is out there granades were used last year in an attack that cost the lives of two police officers & between may 2009 and march 2010 there were 7 granade incidents in mersyside alone.

Grant Wilkinson (see here http://www.policeoracle.com/news/MAC-10-Gunsmith-Jailed-For-Life_17130.html) alone was responsible for putting an estimated 90 weapons (converted MAC 10 submachine guns) onto the streets.

They weren't converted mac10's. They were REPLICA Mach10's converted to function as the real thing. The original was populaer for it's rate of fire, not it's accuracy. Typical gangland appreciation of the weapon for it's least effective quality.

Never the less they did kill people, just unfortunately the wrong ones. Wilkinson will be out in 5 years, which will be a much shorter period than he would be gone if the ARu's had found him.

Okay so they were replicas converted to fire live ammunition as opposed to deactivated real weapons that had been reactivated, he still put 90 fully automatic weapons onto the street (quite a few of which still havent been found)and thats one person. Yes the mac 10 isn't accurate, but used the right context it can be a very effective weapon indeed. A number of AK47 assault rifles (or variants there of for the more pedantic reader) have also turned up in recent years.

Yeah, I know they have. The real point I was making was thet the availability of section 5 weapons isn't as big as the free availability of assault weapons in the states.

OG, Snakey,

Both are valid points. Both points however are of no value execpt to make a "holier than thou" statement(s). We probably have twice the number of Uzi than all Israel - so what?

Phone