Another mass murder

Andrew

You don't understand. That's their constitutional right, it's not "claptrap".

I concede, but in this and other issues it's used as a foil to deflect discussion in a "talk to the hand" manner. All I wanted was some honest personal opinion outside of the standard replies; some real human emotion (not a personal dig, Phone).

I mean; what's it like knowing that an argument over, say, a parking space, could easily get you shot. Is there a constant awareness (and subsequent nervousness) that you may upset the wrong person that day, or don't you think about it at all?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's their accurate range? It sounds more like a macho thing than a regular hunting technique. I don't have any doubt that people do it, but the way I see it, much of the satisfaction comes from a clean kill; can you really get close enough with a handgun to be sure of that on a regular basis?

Accuracy depends on many factors but you would be surprised what can be achieved by the right shooter using the correct tool for the job , If you want to read about some examples of handgun hunting try here

Astonishingly, the nutters are already out there claiming that this tragedy was a false flag attack orchestrated by Obama to overturn the second amendment and implement gun control.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All the kids and adults had multiple gunshot wounds.

The Americans have a way of life with guns, the old wild west where the Colt 45 ruled, now its the semi or full automatic fire arm that rules.

One of the child victims was born here in England to an English father and American mother.

RIP to all the victims. Sincere condolences to the families. Yet another essences slaughter.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Astonishingly, the nutters are already out there claiming that this tragedy was a false flag attack orchestrated by Obama to overturn the second amendment and implement gun control.
http://planet.infowars.com/worldnews/usnew...een-manipulated

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

There's more on Youtube - including a "shock-jock" DJ and some nutter in a yellow smiley mask.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Accuracy depends on many factors but you would be surprised what can be achieved by the right shooter using the correct tool for the job , If you want to read about some examples of handgun hunting try here

Thanks for that snakey; some interesting reading for sure, and in some depth, too. I've already had a bit of a trawl following your earlier post so reluctantly, I have begun to develop a grudging respect, even admiration for good, careful, thoughtful handgun hunters.

I suppose that, as in all gun sport discussion groups, it's inevitable that you'll trip over the lunatic fringe. In one thread, a guy asked what the regulars would recommend for home defence - between a standard shotgun or a .50 cal Desert Eagle! In all fairness he was given a verbal rocket, but how many just like him are out there, armed to the teeth and as mad as a lorry?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Thanks for that snakey; some interesting reading for sure, and in some depth, too. I've already had a bit of a trawl following your earlier post so reluctantly, I have begun to develop a grudging respect, even admiration for good, careful, thoughtful handgun hunters.

I suppose that, as in all gun sport discussion groups, it's inevitable that you'll trip over the lunatic fringe. In one thread, a guy asked what the regulars would recommend for home defence - between a standard shotgun or a .50 cal Desert Eagle! In all fairness he was given a verbal rocket, but how many just like him are out there, armed to the teeth and as mad as a lorry?

:offtopic: "Good, careful, thoughtful" are not adjectives I would use to describe anyone who shot large African game with any kind of firearm. YMMV but I'd like my great grandchildren to have the opportunity to see elephants and rhino in the wild the same as I have.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

:offtopic: "Good, careful, thoughtful" are not adjectives I would use to describe anyone who shot large African game with any kind of firearm. YMMV but I'd like my great grandchildren to have the opportunity to see elephants and rhino in the wild the same as I have.

That's not the kind of stuff I was reading; sorry if you've got the wrong impression.

That's not the kind of stuff I was reading; sorry if you've got the wrong impression.
Sorry mate, my jibe should have been aimed towards snakey

There are plenty of people (myself included) who would disagree with your statement that no-one in their right mind hunts with a handgun, todays large bore handguns (in calibres like .454 casull, .475 linebaugh .500 linebaugh and .500 S&W) have been used to take all forms of game up to and including elephant.