Another mass murder

Andrew

:offtopic: "Good, careful, thoughtful" are not adjectives I would use to describe anyone who shot large African game with any kind of firearm. YMMV but I'd like my great grandchildren to have the opportunity to see elephants and rhino in the wild the same as I have.

And i would hazard a guess so would the children murdered by the nutter.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the strange thing with America they do seem to have more than their fair share of looneys (even though in comparison to a few countries, Brazil for one, there firearm homicide rate compared to the number of civilian guns owned is not as bad as portrayed, Brazils civilian firearm ownership rate is approx 8 per 100 people yet their annual firearm homicide numbers didn't drop below 30,000 in the years 2000 - 2008) although whether it simply appears this way because a incident like this one is heavily reported around the western world compared to when similar atrocities happen in other countries and that in America these incidents seem to be carried out by single (or occasionally two people working together) loners rather than by your local armed forces, insurgents, rebels, terrorists, freedom fighters, martyrs call them what you will.

Sorry cory but various big game animals (including elephant see here) are culled every year in Africa by the govenments and park authorites of the countries involved as there are too many for the areas to sustain. They have the choice either pay someone to cull said animals or sell licences to hunters who will then do it for them and pay (in some cases very large sums) for the priviledge of doing so. You may not like it but thats how it is.

Edited by snakey1

And i would hazard a guess so would the children murdered by the nutter.
No doubt they would. As a father of three children this incident has touched me deeply. Parents are not meant to bury their children. My mum has never been the same since she had to bury my little brother.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

No doubt they would. As a father of three children this incident has touched me deeply. Parents are not meant to bury their children. My mum has never been the same since she had to bury my little brother.

I'll echo those sentiments. It's impossible to examine the incident beyond the abstract without succumbing to grief. Those poor families...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

At a church service for the victims some imbecile decided to make a hoax telephone call today.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

rob,

As I suspected chaos preceded factual reporting. Contrary to what was first reported:

We now know Mom was an avid gun person.

We now know the children were shot with a military style rifle - not handguns.

We now know Mom was not a teacher at the school

We now know the shooter was not "let into the locked school" - he shot his way in.

Frankly, I still don't know the sequence of events - i.e. where the shooter was when he died? (Reported differently)

The President touched on the subject of loosing a child under these circumstances (he said, four times since he's been President such events have occured). Something like, "what the 'ell is it all about if it not about raising our children?" He was somber and spoke with conviction. We'll see(?). That would be the up hill battle of all battles, both cultural and political.

Phone

I find it very interesting the Rupert Murdoch's lowbrow UK newspaper The Sun is today printing this article and saying:

A new gun law as a memorial to the victims of Sandy Hook should be his mission in his second term

Even Fox News seem to be walking a line.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.