Typing proper?!

Bretty

Just out of interest how many of you lot type with your fingers on the right keys and how many prod? And can you do it without looking?

I must admit to being a proder tho quite a quick one. :P

Been playing around with this typing tutor thing we have on our computers (There must be one online somewhere.), It makes my brain and arms ache!

Bretty :rolleyes:

Bretty:

Just out of interest how many of you lot type with your fingers on the right keys and how many prod? And can you do it without looking?

:rolleyes:

Hi Bretty,

I type on the right AND the left keys, I was taught to touch/copy type at about 16 and it has served me well. Try typing with morse code coming into your head phones at 18wpm, then imagine a tape coming out of your keyboard with a five digit murry code sending every thing that you have typed LIVE all over the world.

Typing led me to a lot of amourous adventures as well, I worked for Manpower as a telephonist/Typist when I was desperate for work.

Stick with it Bretty, it will pay off a thousand fold after a while.

Its a shame the keyboard can't spell at times though :rolleyes:

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

when i left school i became an office boy ,i was advised to go to night school to learn typing ( to advance my career to office juvenile i suppose) unfortunatly as soon as we`d paid the fees for the night school the firm i worked for had on of its chaps to teach me the " willy schiedecker? " method for 1 hour a day ,this was a completly different process to the night school one ,i couldnt leave the nightschool as my parents had scraped the money together for the fees ,and i couldnt refuse the work one ,the end result is i type one fingered like most journalists :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

when i did my nvq`s i got pretty good at touch, and after i finished i slowly lost the ability, im at the stage now, where i can type common words without looking, and use six fingers, just cant get the pinkie to work properly, strage really when you consider the fact i play bass and my pikies do alot of the work, saying that though your hand is in the total oposite direction.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

I'm a proder,glasses on the end of my nose, mouth open catching flies.epoh i tnod ekam yna srorrs

{read it backwards}

tight lines to all

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Can only type with two fingers, but look at the keyboard, and can usually visualise when I have made an error. I have a mate who taught himself to type properly, and without a spellcheck, he would be illiterate! ( This doesn't seem to have held him back too much, as he's in the process of selling his business for around £1,000,000! )

I can touch the main letters and usual punctuations. Never got to the numbers though.

I think of all the high school courses I ever took, typing is the one that has been of the most benefit over the years.

I learned on machines that had all blank keys too so it was difficult to cheat. You actually had to learn where the blasted keys were.

Thought for the longest I'd never get the hang of it but one day it just seemed to "click".

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President