Aims and targets for 2013

redtail

100lb+ blue on the fly.

Tope on the fly.

Porgie on the fly.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Barbel on the fly rod - I would have done it last year if it wasn't such a washout.

That and add a few fish to my species list. Looking at it over the last few years speaks volumes about angling methods and venues that I've been neglecting.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Normally I know what I want to do each year...... this year I'm struggling though.

Last year I had more fun fishing then I had for a while learning to lure fish and doing lots of small sessions fishing for Pike and then as the season went on perch and chub (chub on a lure are so much fun!). This year I'm not sure if I should try something different or carry on lure fishing.

Currently I'm thinking about trying to target bigger perch and chub on lures (biggest after 1 season 1lb 1oz perch and 3lb chub) so I'd like to aim for a 2lb perch on a lure and 5lb chub. Also Pike fish with weedless frogs on the weedy venues near me.

So probably nothing new, just a continuation from last year with higher aims...... unless an interesting oppurtunity comes along :-)

Caught my first fish on a lure last year, great fun and intend to do more of the same this year

Barbel on the fly rod - I would have done it last year if it wasn't such a washout.

That and add a few fish to my species list. Looking at it over the last few years speaks volumes about angling methods and venues that I've been neglecting.

hope you get that barbel on a fly, let us know if you do, I love catching new species, I get a real buzz from it

that would be awesome, keep us updated on how you get on

Don't hold your breath though....It was two years before the weather was good enough for me to realise my last target of a blue on a fly....a mere 50lber :icecream:

I like the idea of Ken's barbel on fly too.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Caught my first fish on a lure last year, great fun and intend to do more of the same this year

If you have chub around your area then have a go for them, the hit the lure like a steam train and the first things you know about the bite if the rod arching over and the line steaming off the reel! Very exciting fishing :-)

To stop being a wuss and learn how to handle pike properly. I'm missing out on a lot of potentially good fishing because I'm not confident enough to deal with one.

A bit more thought into my early season 'barbel on the float' activities. Managed it just twice last season and it should have been better than that given the venues I have access to.

Nothing else springs to mind.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

100lb+ blue on the fly.

Tope on the fly.

Porgie on the fly.

you forgot the 80lb conger on the fly Nick.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..